Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a question presented to the "expert" in regards to this subject.
The reply was 10.5 cr.
Well, that is NOT what your looking for.........an arbitrary number........ as say for instance, you set an Andrews 26 at 10.5 cr, it'll spark knock to the point it'll lift, or break the ring land on the intake side of the piston, but on the other hand, if to set an S&S .675 at 10.5, it be a complete turd, and will not be able to pull a baby carriage down the road.
The true measure of "how much compression" is the cold cranking compression number, regardless of anything else.
The safe threshold for pump gas, good tune, hovers at 190-200 psi.
Folks that need to push the build higher than that in order to establish power at setting their clients up for problems and heartache down the road.
We let the cam, cylinder head, cubic inch, intake tract, and exhaust come togather as a marraige, to show the worth of the combination, staying within the confines of that ccp number.
Just a note for you folks to remember.:)
Scott

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Your informative post reads like sound logic to me. One number values on any one issue normally overlook the interaction of other variables.

P

·
0 Posts
i agree with scott,question should have been "how much CCP ie OK for the street" (we like 195 for most)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts