Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used or know anything about maxima oil? Getting ready to change my fluids and just checking out different routes. I normally use redline and love it but this maxima is a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I have never heard of that oil, I do know there are a lot of good oil products that are made by different manufacturers. Just some info for you I had a friend that put 40,000 mile on a softail he had within the two-year warranty. The bottom of the engine just flat out gave up and they Harley requested it to be sent back to them so they could figure out what happened. One of the things they also did with that engine is they verified what oil that was in the engine was the proper type of oil, spec wise, required by Harley. He uses Harley oil so that was no problem. The dealer told him that when something like that happens, Harley will check to ensure the oil meets their specs. In the scheme of things, it is not very often that a Harley engine just comes apart like that.

Just a suggestion, make sure whichever oil you use, it meets Harley's specs if it is under warranty. Just my opinion

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for that. That's really good to know. I'll check my manual before I buy anything.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use the Maxima line of oils for all three holes and the fork oil as well. I like it just fine. The price is good. I can order a kit on Amazon with all three oils needed for a complete service and it even includes the filter. I order a service kit as soon as I change the oil on the bike so it is ready to go for the next service. The Maxima meets or exceeds the standards required by HD.

No regrets here. No issues. And no reasons to change.

But this can quickly become an "oil thread" in a hurry.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Maxima line of oils for all three holes and the fork oil as well. I like it just fine. The price is good. I can order a kit on Amazon with all three oils needed for a complete service and it even includes the filter. I order a service kit as soon as I change the oil on the bike so it is ready to go for the next service. The Maxima meets or exceeds the standards required by HD.

No regrets here. No issues. And no reasons to change.

But this can quickly become an "oil thread" in a hurry.

Good to know thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts