Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the forum. Looking for max power to drive the Arc Audio Moto 602's. Running PBR 300x2 now paralleling two sets of MB Quart pvm116's. Not happy with volume or quality. Have run Arc speakers before and they were great. Came across this amp from MB Quart that kicks out an alleged 200w/ch at 4ohms. Has anybody tried these amps and what are your thoughts? Guys at Arc tell me that these speakers only get better with power. Rated @ 90watts RMS, but they say they will eat a lot more with no problem. Thanks

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I have no experience other than Hawg Wired. I have to RS400 amps installed under the fairing and these babies rock. A little more expensive but boy do they put out the sound.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dnschmpn,

Thanks. I have heard good stuff on hawg wired and have used their install kit and radio control kit. They are pricey, but good stuff is. The arc stuff says they sound better when they are hit with a lot of power versus under powered or running at nominal rms power. MB usually puts out some good stuff in the audio competition world from what I understand. Footprint same as hawg or rockford fosgate. I will post back thoughts if I pull the trigger. Keep the rubber side down.:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pulled the trigger on two of the MB Quart amps and two sets of Arc Audio Moto 602's to replace the RF 300x2 and 2 sets of MB Quart PVM-116's. Hopefully get them and have installed before trip on the 22nd. Will let you know thoughts after they are in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
System installed

System installed last night. Have to say, when I opened the amps up, I really had some doubts about the 200w/channel x2 statement based on the fuse size and power/ground wire gauge size supplied with amplifiers. I am not sure of best way to check actual rms output. I have seen some videos on how to check and may do at some point. Installed two sets of Arc Audio Moto 602's. One MB Quart 400.2 amp running each set. After amp tuning, all I can say is WOW!!. What a difference in terms of volume and maintaining audio quality at the higher volume. Have not done a road test yet. Getting ready for a 5 day run, leaving tomorrow. Will have more comments and better opinion when I get back. Just sitting in garage, much much better than the PBR 300x2 running two sets of MB Quarts PVM-116's paralleled into amp (previous setup).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.