Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
7,741 Posts
114 should pull it down the road.

· Registered
2022 FLTRXS Reef Blue/Vivid Black
109 Posts
I’m kinda in love with this already. But a 114 in a Road Glide Special is weak sauce and I can’t imagine it pulling this thing very well at ~300#s more??
I’m on the list tho so we will see in a few weeks is what I’m told. All American Cycles may have to get their hands on this and make it a beast!

· Registered
7,741 Posts
I’m kinda in love with this already. But a 114 in a Road Glide Special is weak sauce and I can’t imagine it pulling this thing very well at ~300#s more??
I’m on the list tho so we will see in a few weeks is what I’m told. All American Cycles may have to get their hands on this and make it a beast!
It is not much different than my sidecar rig. The sidecar has a bit more drag and it ran pretty dam good with just the 114. Just because I wanted to I did a woods 2x cam stage two at 12,000 miles and it really woke it up.
But there was no where i could ride it as a stock 114.

· Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In reality it’s just a swap from the batwing fairing that been used on trikes for many years to a Shark Nose. I’ve not ridden any HD trikes before, but guys I ride with have them and they serm to be very happy and satisfied with the performance even with the higher weight.

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
That 114 will haul that down the road just fine. It had zero issue lifting the front end of the Freewheeler up and I never had to catch up to any bike I was riding with. Usually the opposite. That fairing isn't hampering any performance.

· Registered
10,566 Posts
That 114 will haul that down the road just fine. It had zero issue lifting the front end of the Freewheeler up and I never had to catch up to any bike I was riding with. Usually the opposite. That fairing isn't hampering any performance.
I don't think the not having to catch up thing has anything to do with the engine 🤔🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman

· Registered
109 Posts
I don’t think the fairing is holding it back, it’s the weight combined with the 114…. I can’t see the RG3 outrunning or even keeping up with any of the newer M8 114 bikes. And every 114 in my group is Stage2 and not the weak HD Stage2s… I’d be pulling up after the first beer!
I’m still intrigued but would definitely be looking for some power upgrades.

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
I don’t think the fairing is holding it back, it’s the weight combined with the 114…. I can’t see the RG3 outrunning or even keeping up with any of the newer M8 114 bikes. And every 114 in my group is Stage2 and not the weak HD Stage2s… I’d be pulling up after the first beer!
I’m still intrigued but would definitely be looking for some power upgrades.
I was referring to the fairing weight. It’s a Freewheeler. With an added 40 pounds. I have a RS468 cam in my RGS not your “weak stage 2” and was going to put the S&S 475 in the trike. Fuel Moto said not to use the 475 due to the weight. That the 468 like mine would be the ticket. So plan on a more torque cam than HP. The stock Freewheeler will absolutely keep up to a stock 114 Touring bike. The wife’s has a Cobra power core header, S&S Grand Nationals and a FP3. Guy out here did a 131 in his Freewheeler. Thing rips.

· Registered
109 Posts
I was referring to the fairing weight. It’s a Freewheeler. With an added 40 pounds. I have a RS468 cam in my RGS not your “weak stage 2” and was going to put the S&S 475 in the trike. Fuel Moto said not to use the 475 due to the weight. That the 468 like mine would be the ticket. So plan on a more torque cam than HP. The stock Freewheeler will absolutely keep up to a stock 114 Touring bike. The wife’s has a Cobra power core header, S&S Grand Nationals and a FP3. Guy out here did a 131 in his Freewheeler. Thing rips.
I guess I’m overthinking the almost 300lb difference? Roll race guys emphasize on weight cutting as much as they do power adders.
I’ll definitely feel it out when I test ride it. I was also thinking I’d need a more torque bias cam in a trike, so I may be hitting you up for info later!!

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
I guess I’m overthinking the almost 300lb difference? Roll race guys emphasize on weight cutting as much as they do power adders.
I’ll definitely feel it out when I test ride it. I was also thinking I’d need a more torque bias cam in a trike, so I may be hitting you up for info later!!
Yep, It's 300 pounds but they have different gear ratios making that up. Add the torque cam and reinforce your shoulders lol. If I do end up putting a cam in hers. It will be the Zippers Redshift 468 or the Woods 22XE. Those are the short list. The S&S 465 is also a good low end torque cam. But reading most dyno runs the ones I like better hold on to peak TQ longer and have a marked increase in HP.

Roadglide Gear Ratios and Weight: 855 Wet

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

Roadglide3 Gear ratios and Weight: 1163 Wet

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Logo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts