Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If like to hear from those who've had their seat 'upgraded' by MCC. I've demo'd several of HD's seats and each had something uncomfortable. My main issue is tail bone pain (with the stock RGU seat). The seat height and reach is fine. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had my done by Mean City and it's much improved over stock. No butt burn anymore. Also looks great!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I sent my seat to them, and was very pleased at the service as well as the work they did.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for the input... apparently everyone is pleased with mcc's services...now it's time to set up an appointment and ship out my pita seat (pun intended!).

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Can one of you fine gents post up some pictures.
I would like to see some final results once re-done.
Thanks
Swomack

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Just to throw in a little different opinion . ... . I had mine done by them a couple of years ago. Started out great, definite improvement. I've got 40k on the bike now, about 30k on the seat, and about a year ago I called them to see if they would rework it because it didn't seem as great any more after about 6 hours in the saddle. Surprisingly they told me to just bring it back, even though outside the warranty period and they'd rework it. I did, and it is improved, but I still get butt-sore after about 6 hours. Wife gave me an air-zeppelin for birthday, and it's great after a few hours of riding. (actually I used bubble-wrap first and that was a great improvement!).

Anyway, I think they're great. Great customer service and workmanship but for me it's not a perfect fix for long days. Might be a problem w/ my butt instead of their seat work! :grin:

Ron

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Another one to consider is Astechseat.com. Did a great job on my seat and great to deal with. Just another option.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I had some work done by MCC and I wasn't happy at all with the results, but I seem to be one of the few unhappy customers.
I got the seat reworked by a local upholstery shop and I was a lot happier with the results. I would suggest looking for a local upholstery shop and giving them a try first, the best thing about a local shop is that they are close to you and if there is a issue with the seat you can take it back the same day and not have to worry about shipping time and cost.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had some work done by MCC and I wasn't happy at all with the results, but I seem to be one of the few unhappy customers.

I got the seat reworked by a local upholstery shop and I was a lot happier with the results. I would suggest looking for a local upholstery shop and giving them a try first, the best thing about a local shop is that they are close to you and if there is a issue with the seat you can take it back the same day and not have to worry about shipping time and cost.

Your not alone. I had my stock seat redone by them. At first it felt fine but in long trips my butt was sore. I ended up buying a Corbin and what a difference. I can ride the thing all day. Save your money on redoing your seat and get a Corbin.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Had mine done and I did not think it was comfortable.
I even sent it back to have them do some additional modifications and it did not help.
I can't complain about the quality of the modifications or how they went out of their way to try to help me.
They have top notch customer service which is rare these days.
Unfortunately I guess I have a sensitive butt.:surprise:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've had two of them done by MCC and my 3rd one is sitting in their shop with a November 2nd appointment. The first one was amazing but the second one was a total flop. That being said, when I complained, Allen did openly acknowledge that he had a guy working for him that apparently was taking shortcuts or just plain screwing up (I don't remember what the exact story was). He did offer to redo the seat but I never bothered sending it because....well....I just didn't.

I have a great Mustang seat but on long trips my butt feels it so when I just picked up the 2017, I decided to give them a third try. If it's as good as the first one I'll be happy. If it's anything like the second one, not so much. I'm doing the 'super-narrow' modification to get it lowered a bit so it's not cheap at $135 plus the shipping so hopefully it does the trick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts