Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the concrete sofa and booked an appointment with MCC. Anyone have the D&B ultra specific done? Almost a 2 month wait but hoping it’s worth it. Tired of the seat game

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Haven’t had that one done but was very happy with their work on my ‘13 RGU. My personal only concern with this particular mod would be losing the backrest slot. Don’t think I can ride anymore without my backrest!

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a great seat done for my 2015 ultra and loved it so much I put it on my 2017 road glide ultra and now my 2020 Roadglide special.
I sure am hoping for the same experience. If so I’ll send them in a stock special seat for the iron but mod.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
I tried MCC out years back and I wouldn't never go back the service sucked the seat wasn't made to order and after I returned the seat they still got it all fucked up and they shipped the seat in a worn out box that holes in it. I took the seat to a local upholstery shop and had it redone. Others may be happy but my experience SUCKED and I don't recommend them to anyone. JMO

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,517 Posts
I tried MCC out years back and I wouldn't never go back the service sucked the seat wasn't made to order and after I returned the seat they still got it all fucked up and they shipped the seat in a worn out box that holes in it. I took the seat to a local upholstery shop and had it redone. Others may be happy but my experience SUCKED and I don't recommend them to anyone. JMO
Local is best option, not sure why so many push corporate type companies. Be surprised who's out there doing good work at a good price and you're helping an individual such as ourselves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I sent my seat to Mean City. Should have it back some time next week. So far I have no complaints about the process. Anyone I’ve contacted at mean city has been great to deal with. I’ll let everyone know about the seat and post some pics when I get it back next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Local is best option, not sure why so many push corporate type companies. Be surprised who's out there doing good work at a good price and you're helping an individual such as ourselves.
I live in NYC, I wouldn’t consider mean city corporate. I’d like to think of them as small business with good prices compared to a mustang or lepera. Didn’t have many options here in queens ny. The one place I know is way over priced and don’t do too many bike seats.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent my seat to Mean City. Should have it back some time next week. So far I have no complaints about the process. Anyone I’ve contacted at mean city has been great to deal with. I’ll let everyone know about the seat and post some pics when I get it back next week.

What option did you go with

·
Registered
26 Posts
What option did you go with
I did the impact gel with memory foam. Also added memory foam on the passenger side of the seat being that my wife enjoys some long rides upstate too. I didn’t mind my riding position so I really didn’t opt to move myself back or lower. I did add an ostrich skin border around the seat because… why not lol.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the impact gel with memory foam. Also added memory foam on the passenger side of the seat being that my wife enjoys some long rides upstate too. I didn’t mind my riding position so I really didn’t opt to move myself back or lower. I did add an ostrich skin border around the seat because… why not lol.

I’m doing the Ultra D&B and if I like it I’ll probably send in a stock seat and do the iron butt option on it

·
Registered
237 Posts
MCC did my seat 2 years ago, no complaints. Had the super narrow and memory foam mods done.

Mostly ride around 2-300 miles at a time nowadays and it does really well. Don't ever feel a need to stop.

But about 4 months after getting it I did a 1300 mile trip in a weekend and the seat was great as well. No pain but 10 hrs of riding and stopping only for gas wore me out.

550 miles the first and last day. The rest was around the area we stayed at in Fl.

Live close enough I was able to ride in, have it done while I waited. It did not look like a corporation....looked to be a family run business.

Small shop in a small town, they just get a ton of word of mouth b/c the majority of people seem to be very pleased with their work including myself.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I live in NYC, I wouldn’t consider mean city corporate. I’d like to think of them as small business with good prices compared to a mustang or lepera. Didn’t have many options here in queens ny. The one place I know is way over priced and don’t do too many bike seats.

Any place that lets you ride the golf cart downtown to eat lunch while your seat is being done is probably not corporate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts