Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home from work last night little past 10 PM and my seat was waiting for me. It was raining this morning so I couldn't (didn't want to) try it out right away. I went to the garage in flat sandles, installed the seat, and sat on it. Winner! Still overcast when it was time to leave for work but I had to try it. With my Redwings, 1.5 inch heels, I am solidly flat footed with bent knees. I'm loving it. It feels like I'm sitting in a bucket seat.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Cool - post some pics!

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I got home from work last night little past 10 PM and my seat was waiting for me. It was raining this morning so I couldn't (didn't want to) try it out right away. I went to the garage in flat sandles, installed the seat, and sat on it. Winner! Still overcast when it was time to leave for work but I had to try it. With my Redwings, 1.5 inch heels, I am solidly flat footed with bent knees. I'm loving it. It feels like I'm sitting in a bucket seat.

Let's see some pictures bro

·
Registered
77 Posts
What seat is that?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
That's a really good looking seat.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What mod or mods did you have done?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What mod or mods did you have done?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I went with their "super narrow" option including a 2" drop. All padding including passenger portion replaced with memory foam.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Oldbie, how does the memory foam feel/react vs the original seat foam? Can I ask what it cost you to have the work done and how long it took?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oldbie, how does the memory foam feel/react vs the original seat foam? Can I ask what it cost you to have the work done and how long it took?
It feels firmer but is not uncomfortable. I took a two hour ride today with no negative issues. $295 plus shipping one way, in my case $30 USPS. I obtained a a seat box from the HD dealer. They started work 9/29 and I had it back on 10/4. They want it there at least one day ahead of scheduled "surgery" date. I sent I this about four days early. I had a spare seat to use.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm going to need a shorter windshield now. Just have to decide which one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It feels firmer but is not uncomfortable. I took a two hour ride today with no negative issues. $295 plus shipping one way, in my case $30 USPS. I obtained a a seat box from the HD dealer. They started work 9/29 and I had it back on 10/4. They want it there at least one day ahead of scheduled "surgery" date. I sent I this about four days early. I had a spare seat to use.
I found the seat, but there is a slight delay. As soon as it arrives, off to MCC.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/reach-seat#tabs

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oldbie

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’m ordering the super narrow, and asking them to make the seat to get me the lowest possible. Should I ask for memory foam or something else to get lowest?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m ordering the super narrow, and asking them to make the seat to get me the lowest possible. Should I ask for memory foam or something else to get lowest?
I think memory foam will be the way to go, best bet is call and speak with them; tell them what you are trying to achieve, and they will make recommendations. I was told at my weight, 180#, to not use gel-I'm not heavy enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts