Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
meet and greet, Jax fl. Sept 5th

Thought i would start a thread to see if there is interest for a jax, meet and greet. Weather pernitting, I was thinking about aug 22, revised to sept 5th

Sound off if you have an interest. Feel free to offer ride suggestions and spots for lunch and perhaps we can take a vote. Spouses and friends welcome.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Sounds good to me. There is a great steakhouse in Alachua called the Conestoga that is a good scenic ride. Another choice is to go to Caribbean Jack's in Ormond Beach via A1A. A shorter ride would be going to Amelia/Fenandina area via Hecksher Dr/A1A. Also there is a great BBQ place called "Shack By The Track" in St. George, GA that is a nice little ride itself. That's just a few and I'm sure others will chime in with some great choices.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
sounds fun ,i will try to make it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
This snowbird won't be in Jax until after Oct 1. Maybe we can do another get together later.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fellas, with regret I have to postpone my attendence. My son was in an accident, noone was hurt, but his truck was totalled. He works 2 job and has to have a vehicle right away which will take all of my attention this week and possibly this weekend.

We can reschedule to Sept 5th, or 19th if one of these dates work for everyone. Of course, nothing is stopping you fine gentlemen from carrying on this weekend without me.

Look forward to responses. Again, my apologies.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out ok and I'm glad that no one was hurt.

I should be good for the 5th of September and if anyone still wants to get together this Saturday I should be good for that as well. You guys just chime in if you want to do something and we'll nail down a place to go.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Im fine with rescheduling, besides Im not posative but I think the weather was supposed to be crappy this saturday. I know I'm sitting at work now and my bike is getting dumped on in the parking lot :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I won't be able to make this weekend but i would still like to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Let's just plan for 5 SEP 15 then for a ride. If anyone would like to get together for lunch or dinner locally sometime just say so. I'm game for any excuse to get on my shark. ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm game. Probably beat to do an early ride and lunch to beat the rain. Anyone bring their better half? Mine will ride but doesn't wanna be the only chick there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My wife will be going. Need a little more detail. We will be coming from the west coast, Clearwater area. Depending on what time we all meet we may come over Friday after work and make a weekend of it in St. Augustine. It takes us about 4 hours to get over that way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'll just throw this out there and if anyone wants to adjust it or make a totally different suggestion just let us know.

8:30am - Meet at Orange Park HD (in the lot where the old Sea-Doo dealership used to be across from the main dealership building.) It's the part closest to the RR tracks and I will try to be there early on my Skunk.

9:00am - Depart for Caribbean Jack's in Ormond Beach via whichever scenic route we decide to take. ;)

11:00am-ish - Arrive at Caribbean Jack's for lunch.

After lunch we can take a different route back to Jax or you can go your own way.

Please feel free to throw out any idea's you may have. I just thought I would throw something up to get it going.

K-

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll just throw this out there and if anyone wants to adjust it or make a totally different suggestion just let us know.

8:30am - Meet at Orange Park HD (in the lot where the old Sea-Doo dealership used to be across from the main dealership building.) It's the part closest to the RR tracks and I will try to be there early on my Skunk.

9:00am - Depart for Caribbean Jack's in Ormond Beach via whichever scenic route we decide to take. ;)

11:00am-ish - Arrive at Caribbean Jack's for lunch.

After lunch we can take a different route back to Jax or you can go your own way.

Please feel free to throw out any idea's you may have. I just thought I would throw something up to get it going.

K-
I will be there. Momma in tow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts