Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of trying to put together a simple meet and greet for whoever wants to attend. I'm thinking southern-to-mid Maine location. Get together for lunch, then ride for 2-3 hours and end up at a motel/hotel where we could park the bikes and have a couple of frosties and perhaps have dinner together. Take a mid-morning ride for breakfast and then everyone goes on their way around noon. Looking at perhaps this weekend 9/20-21 (weather looks good at the moment) or the weekend of 10/4-5 as a back up in case the weather is bad. Or if this weekend is too quick, then we could do it 10/4-5. Let the majority rule.

Anyone else interested? If so, I'll find a hotel with a handful of rooms available for Sat. night. Leave a quick response here if you want to get together.

Kevin G.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd be interested and could probably do the October date.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
4 of us we will be heading to Portland Maine from Burlington Vermont this Saturday. Not sure which 'beverage place' we will end up at. BluByU suggested Bentleys in Arundel Maine. Hoping to meet up with him for some riding and beverage to.

One of the guys already book a hotel room for us main street South Portland for this saturday

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
4 of us we will be heading to Portland Maine from Burlington Vermont this Saturday. Not sure which 'beverage place' we will end up at. BluByU suggested Bentleys in Arundel Maine. Hoping to meet up with him for some riding and beverage to.

One of the guys already book a hotel room for us main street South Portland for this saturday
I'm thinking of tagging along :eek:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Looks like I'll be at the mercy of two different contractors, two different jobs, two different parts of town, six days a week weather depending....6am to 5pm Mon thru Sat doesn't leave much play time....Y'all have fun and behave :rolleyes:

·
Registered
816 Posts
The grandboy coming to tear the place up this weekend.

Supposed to hike in to the old trains in the deep, dark woods of the Allagash next weekend.

Might be on for Oct 4 and 5 if the weather ok.

·
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since everyone but Ron already had commitments this weekend, let's shoot for the weekend of Oct 4/5 weather permitting. I'll see if I can find a hotel/motel with reasonable rates for that Saturday night for those who want to stay over.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I should be at Bentley's this coming sunday for the afternoon.

I'd like to make one of these rides happen.

·
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We'll put something together for that weekend and hope we have some nice weather. That early in October the weather should still be decent.

·
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure I can keep that title - Might have to find someone a bit younger as I'm still recouping from SWIV! lol
I was talkin' about Nat! ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I doubt we're going to make it. We just got back, we're playing catch up and dealing with a litter of puppies and my dog sitters are on vacation.
The riding sesaon isn't over yet. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Looks like the weather is going to be great ... I still want to go but probably not on an overnight.

·
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, here's my thoughts for getting together on Saturday 10/4. I'm thinking of the general Boothbay Harbor / mid-coast area. We could get together at around noon, take a short ride (maybe to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse) to get some lunch, ride 1-2 of the Peninsula's and then those who want to stay head for the hotel/inn for a frosty before dinner. Those who don't want to stay can leave before or after dinner. We could grab dinner at Montsweag Roadhouse or King Eider's Pub, or wherever everyone wants to go and then head back to the hotel for a little socializing. In the morning we could do a short 30 minute ride to Moody's Diner for breakfast and then ride until about lunch time before heading our separate ways.

Does that sound OK? (For a quick reference, the area we're talking about is 1:45 north of Portsmouth, NH ... or about 1 hour from Portland) I'll continue to look for a reasonably priced motel/inn for those who want to stay over Saturday night.

Anyone have any suggestions to add?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts