Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I had the good fortune of meeting John and Niki on the first leg of the Gypsy Tour. Finding out they were from Texas I mentioned I had always wanted to ride the Hill Country and they said the absolute best time is in the spring when the wildflowers are in bloom....so when the idea came up for a M&G this spring we thought what better time for me to come down and check it out. Here's a few pics I've been meaning to share but due to computer problems I haven't been able to till now. One of the highlights of the trip for me was going to Luckenbach, but unfortunately my camera died just before we got there and I got no pics from there but it reminded me a lot of Rabbit Hash here in Kentucky, very cool place.

Six of us left early on Thursday the first weekend in April and hooked up with Jay and Deb on the way down and got to the Koyote Ranch that afternoon. We had a nice turnout for the M&G and most stayed at the Ranch either in a cabin or camping....

Andyman did the ride planning and led the rides each day on some pretty tasty roads....

Like I said we had a great turnout....

Jay2beers and Deb....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Turning on 337, of the Three Sisters the one I liked the least but still a good ride....

>>>>

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Great pics. I'd like to get out that way to ride someday. It's always good to see a bunch of sharks together!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop....a good place to kick back for a few....

As always when you get a group of RoadGlides together you always find a gravel, cobblestone or DIRT road, which begs the question, How many RG's does it take to find a dirt road?

Coming into Utopia, which is what the whole weekend felt like to me....Good friends, good roads....Utopia

>>>>

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The start of Day 2....

Ingram, Texas....Little Stonehenge

Shrug beating a hasty retreat whilst trying to get a pic as the Stonehenge police came running out LOL

Ya never know what you're gonna find in Texas after Stonehenge you find, in what feels like the middle of nowhere a collection of some pretty exotic old bikes....

>>>>

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At one end of 335, the best of the Three Sisters IMO, and the most fun ride of the weekend is a wide spot in the road to get off and take a break. In most parts of the country carrying a pistol or shotgun are enough, in Texas they like to take something a little more substanial with them....

One thing I love about riding out west is the speed limits on 2 lane roads, you'd never see a sign like this back east....

His n hers Road Glides....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting back to the Ranch Saturday night in the banquet hall we had a nice dinner and drinks....

Getting ready to leave Sunday morning....

Jimmyray and Elaine getting ready to blast off....

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
Great shots, QS! Looks like a real good time. If the Texas M&G was anything like the recent CA M&G, there's nothing left but the shells of those buildings!:D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sunday morning everyone went there separate ways but a good group of us fell out together for the ride back north toward Dallas....on the way we took the Willow City Loop a pretty cool little loop but not a go fast road and one not real conducive to taking pictures while riding....we did stop for a minute

the road back north....

Stoppin' on the Chisholm Trail....

All and all everyone had a great weekend and it ended much to soon. Good food (we stopped at Coopers for Bar b que coming and going), good roads and great people. This was billed as a Meet and Greet but having been to both Shark Weeks this had much more of a SW feel then a M&G feel. Considering the roads, the people, the food, the history of the area, it is very biker friendly and all the attractions of nearby San Antone IMO the Texas Hill Country would be a great place for SW one day.

I did find out the things you hear in song about Texas are true....the stars at night ARE big and bright and theres some of the friendliest people and prettiest women you've ever seen! I can't wait to go back!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Yeah we all took a dig LOL

Uh huh, we got some stories L:DL
What happens in Texas stays in Texas!

Gonna add a few pics here as well seeing how I have not made time to do so yet.

Our group somewhere in Granbury headed to Koyote Ranch Thusrday Morning - it was a bit chilly but still a nice day for a ride.
[/URL][/IMG]

The 1st stop at Coopers BBQ on the way down.
[/URL][/IMG]

1st night at the cabin, liquor and chips, what more can you ask for.
[/URL][/IMG]

Peace out Colin.

[/URL][/IMG]

Here is Paul with his pretty bride Ruthy trying her best to look scary.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Long line of Sharks.
[/URL][/IMG]

Alphabet (Rkfltrx) enjoying the ride......
[/URL][/IMG]

Tons of fun to be found here.
[/URL][/IMG]

At least Harleyagain ain't passing on the Double Yellow this time.
[/URL][/IMG]

Outside of the 11th. Street Bar, and nope they ain't closed lol.
[/URL][/IMG]

And inside the 11th. Street Bar........
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Leaving Bandera headed to Luckenbach.
[/URL][/IMG]

Dude, we're on vacation, lose the watch!
[/URL][/IMG]

Love this place!
[/URL][/IMG]

I think I saw it twitch??
[/URL][/IMG]

Leaving the Ranch for the 3 sisters ride sat. morn.
[/URL][/IMG]

Andyman leading the pack with Quicksand following.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Unexpected detour in Ingram courtesy of Andyman :)
[/URL][/IMG]

Andyman was looking for this....

Cool shot.
[/URL][/IMG]

Shrug pushing Hester trying to catch Quicksand.
[/URL][/IMG]

Still trying to catch Quicksand here.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Jim hanging out on our cabin porch.
[/URL][/IMG]

Jims view from the cabin.
[/URL][/IMG]

Is it me or is the cabin looking at something to the left??
[/URL][/IMG]

Deb sporting some good posture :)
[/URL][/IMG]

Right back atcha Jay!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
The return trip to Coopers BBQ.
[/URL][/IMG]

Great times at the firepit @ Koyote Ranch!
[/URL][/IMG]

Bikes lined up in front of the Bull at Luckenbach.
[/URL][/IMG]

Pretty self explanatory I think.
[/URL][/IMG]

If you have never been to the Hill Country of Texas on a bike you owe it to yourself to do it at least once. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The return trip to Coopers BBQ.
[/URL][/IMG]

Great times at the firepit @ Koyote Ranch!
[/URL][/IMG]

Bikes lined up in front of the Bull at Luckenbach.
[/URL][/IMG]

Pretty self explanatory I think.
[/URL][/IMG]

If you have never been to the Hill Country of Texas on a bike you owe it to yourself to do it at least once. You will not be disappointed.
+1, if unique is what you seek it's unlike any other place in the country. Great pics John!

·
Registered
198 Posts
man I wish I would have found this sooner. my buddies and I have been looking for something all weekend. Keep me posted on the next time. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts