Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
some years ago I tried the original stuff and was not happy.
well I have the vivid black bike which as everyone knows shows all the swirls and scratches. after reading tons on line I went to pep boys and bought it. it really works, no bull shit. I did both bag lids and the tank with it by hand and I am impressed. the questions now is how long will it last? does it just mask the problem or did it actually remove them? I used a good microfiber polish cloth and applied it twice then as normal I used the gold class paste wax and it looks as good as new.
I wash the bike often and always use microfiber products but crap happens.
i have decided only to wash the wheels daily to keep them from pitting and i bought a small California duster to use on the painted surfaces.its not like the bike sees rain or mud.
going to wildwood bike weekend next week then ocean city Maryland bike weekend the following week:wink:
i use rejex wax on the windshield which allows bugs and crap come right off with hot water.i always use hot water on the shield and the fairing to remove the bugs instead of wiping and scratching them.just take a wash cloth with hot water and lay it on the shield for a few moments and they come off nice and easy.same with the fairing and lowers.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yup, it does work...been using it since its been on the market...it does not mask the scratches but acutally finely buffs the clear coat, which is the most common...don't expect these results with deep scratches...but for your basic swirls or light surface ones, this product works great

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The duster will cause you problems, save your money. Get some QUALITY microfibers made for waterless washes. Get some waterless wash and use that. The clear harley uses on vivid black is super super soft and quality products must be used to keep it looking good without messing it up.
Korean made microfibers, no chinese made
Ultima, Backfire or Wolfgang waterless wash
Watch some videos on how to use it and you are set.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I use a California duster, and I feel that it is more HOW you use it than IF you used it. If you push it down and wipe it will cause you problem, but if you use it like a feather duster it works well and leaves it clean. Not scratching the surface, literally! LOL

·
Registered
483 Posts
Micro Fiber

The duster will cause you problems, save your money. Get some QUALITY microfibers made for waterless washes. Get some waterless wash and use that. The clear harley uses on vivid black is super super soft and quality products must be used to keep it looking good without messing it up.
Korean made microfibers, no chinese made
Ultima, Backfire or Wolfgang waterless wash
Watch some videos on how to use it and you are set.
I do agree about the micro fiber towels. Some are better and some are BIGGER. It is still how you use them, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts