Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got wind of this ride and rally in Newnan the three days of Memorial Day weekend. Sounds like a big event. I've been told the band Hudson Road is a great band that people need to hear.
The proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project.
I think we Georgia Sharks oughta show up in force for this one!!!
Lots of good bands and rides. ImageUploadedByMO Free1368077726.218817.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't believe no one has responded to this? It's supporting The Wounded Warrior Project......so I'm bumping it up.

Three days of music and motorcycles and food!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sounds good to me....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey brother, just saw this. I'll be at the lake that whole weekend but I'll see what I can do about making it over if for only just a few.
Thanks for putting this out there!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Who's going to do this?

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I have the whole weekend off, but I'm committed, is this a yearly event, if so I may have to plan for it next year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,217 Posts
Is this gonna be at Great South or somewhere in Newnan ??

We were looking to ride to Callaway , but when did they ban scoots , seems we rode there prolly twenty years ago

JtB

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is this gonna be at Great South or somewhere in Newnan ??

We were looking to ride to Callaway , but when did they ban scoots , seems we rode there prolly twenty years ago

JtB
I think bikes have been banned from the park itself for sometime now (1952).

You can bike down there and rent a golf cart or bicycle to go through the Gardens. There maybe an area that you can get into, but I am not sure.

Here is an interesting FB site.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bikers-against-Callaway-Gardens-motorcycle-ban/630141363679625

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still planning to go, it's right in my back yard practically.

Jack, it's off 34 I think it's at the old Highway Patrol pavillion, I'll have to check on that.

Mike, Jesse and Rad, sure would be great to have you guys down here! I haven't talked to Russ and Mary Anne yet, don't know if they have plans or know about this.

As far as I know GSHD isn't doing anything with it....I could be wrong, it's just that I haven't seen anything yet, but then again, I didn't think anyone was interested in this thread....just saw this tonight....

I would be surprised if they weren't involved! I have never heard of this event before, but, then again, I'm usually out of town this weekend.

Sounds like a big event for Newnan....could be fun, could be interesting! At any rate, there's a lot of nice riding down here, if y'all wanna hook up I can show ya around!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
10,217 Posts
more I think about it , the more I remember we turned around when we got to the entrance at Callaway , been a while , not a FB'er , but nice to know someone is agin' it

JtB

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hey Darrell, thanks for putting this on here. Yeah, I'd love to go but our plans are a moving target still. Was supposed to be leaving tomorrow - Tuesday for the Rolling Thunder event in D.C. but just recently we've decided it was on the too-hard-to-do list this year. We may be riding over Memphis way now to visit some friends over the weekend. If that falls through, I bet we could get all the way up there to Newman one of the days. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,217 Posts
I'll throw this at ewe no who and see what she thinkeths , she wants to go somewhere , but not too far away , wants to do some shorter trips to see if she is still a road trip girl after knee replacement

JtB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts