Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What bars do you have? I’m running the MS 10” on my 13 with no issues and stock bars. Installing 16” meat hooks soon....

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Your new seat changes everything, height wise. Then you can adjust the handlebars.
(Love my Madstad)
Yeah I'm going to see how it is with the new seat, if it ever shows up. It's been backordered for about 4 months already lol

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What bars do you have? I’m running the MS 10” on my 13 with no issues and stock bars. Installing 16” meat hooks soon....
I have wild1 12.5 chubby's. It's not the height that's the problem. It's the width of the bars. They are pretty wide

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just replaced my klock werks 8" flared windshield with a new Memphis Shades 8.5" flared windshield because the klock werks was cracked around a few of the mounting holes. I wound up using new well nuts from home depot which I like a little more than the stock HD nuts. I will say I'm much happier with Memphis shade as it pushes the wind over my glasses as opposed to directly at my glasses like the klock werks. The MS is swept further back than the KW and it interferes with the bars if I turn them lock to lock which may be a problem for me. I adjusted the bars back slightly to where they are still in a comfortable position for me but it's not enough to keep them from hit the windshield. I have a new seat that's on order which will lower me about an inch so maybe that will allow me to move the bars a little more but unfortunately the seat is on backorder until mid December so I wont know until then. I may need to get the 6.5" shield in order to keep the bars away from it. Anyway, for the time being I'll wait as I'm not riding much more because of the weather. We shall see but I am liking the Memphis Shade shield
Hey keep us posted on that Memphis shade. I have the KW for my 2019, I bought the small one and it was horrible on throwing the wind right into my helmet so I went to the next size up..I may have got the 12" and it helped a lot but when Im doin 80-90 I can start feeling it again. I just wanted it to look good AND work but it seems I settled for just working.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey keep us posted on that Memphis shade. I have the KW for my 2019, I bought the small one and it was horrible on throwing the wind right into my helmet so I went to the next size up..I may have got the 12" and it helped a lot but when Im doin 80-90 I can start feeling it again. I just wanted it to look good AND work but it seems I settled for just working.
I've got a 3 day old Memphis Shades 8.5" in dark smoke that didn't work for me. I'd be willing to sell it and save you a few bucks off retail. Hit me up if you're interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It appears Klockwerks makes a 9", not an 8" - is that what you had? Still have it? I am starting to look for a few to try.

View attachment 420159
I just replaced my klock werks 8" flared windshield with a new Memphis Shades 8.5" flared windshield because the klock werks was cracked around a few of the mounting holes. I wound up using new well nuts from home depot which I like a little more than the stock HD nuts. I will say I'm much happier with Memphis shade as it pushes the wind over my glasses as opposed to directly at my glasses like the klock werks. The MS is swept further back than the KW and it interferes with the bars if I turn them lock to lock which may be a problem for me. I adjusted the bars back slightly to where they are still in a comfortable position for me but it's not enough to keep them from hit the windshield. I have a new seat that's on order which will lower me about an inch so maybe that will allow me to move the bars a little more but unfortunately the seat is on backorder until mid December so I wont know until then. I may need to get the 6.5" shield in order to keep the bars away from it. Anyway, for the time being I'll wait as I'm not riding much more because of the weather. We shall see but I am liking the Memphis Shade shield

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry if I someone already mentioned, but I have a couple Freedom Shields (Freedom Shields – Harley Motorcycle Windshields) and think they're the bomb. Small business with terrific customer service and an exceptionally well made. When I ordered mine, you could install (with plastic protective film left on) and return if you weren't satisfied. No affiliation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm 5'10'' and sitting on my hammock seat find the HD 15'' screen similar to the KW 14' for noise and wind protection. I prefer the look of the KW but it distorts vision in the curves, whereas the HD does not.
I think azgrumbles is a fan of the Madstad which I know nothing about. It may be worth asking for his input to the discussion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm 5'10'' and sitting on my hammock seat find the HD 15'' screen similar to the KW 14' for noise and wind protection. I prefer the look of the KW but it distorts vision in the curves, whereas the HD does not.
I think azgrumbles is a fan of the Madstad which I know nothing about. It may be worth asking for his input to the discussion.
I made a mistake. It was '05train and not azgrumbles I was thinking of, and yes, I see that he has already commented.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Worth noting...Klockwerks sizes are linear inches vs vertical rise. Memphis shades sizes are vertical rise vs linear.
So an 8.5" Memphis Shades is measured when shield is installed from base of shield where it mounts to fairing then 8.5" straight up vertically. A 14" Klockwerks is measured out of the box by laying tape measure against shield from bottom to top. There's lots of Youtube vids that show how to determine what 'rise' is best for your situation. Strongly recommend doing this to get a feel for the height that will work best for you.

Reactions: Blackadler

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
IMG_0459.jpg

Well I had some time today so I removed My Madstad and installed My Memphis Shades 6.5 Dark Smoke Spoiler.
Hopefully I’ll get out for a ride to see how well it works.
I’m really liking the New Look.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Looks great Mike. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Reactions: DanHappy and Mike U

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Looks great Mike. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
Thanks Kenny I appreciate it Brother.
I went with this one based on Your post.
I’ll report back after I take a ride hopefully in the next couple of hours I will get out for a much needed ride, tunes and a stogie.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
I just got back from a ride and the 6.5 Memphis Shield works real good.
The dirty wind hits right above my helmet the wind in the face is clean
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Great news Mike. Glad you’re happy with it so far. I gotta say I was surprised such a low profile shield could be that effective. Personally I have to thank SteadyEddie for his review.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I just got back from a ride and the 6.5 Memphis Shield works real good.
The dirty wind hits right above my helmet the wind in the face is clean
Mike U.
I'm liking the sounds of that. Now for the more details part. What seat, how tall are you and your inseam length? I think I want one for my '12 but not sure if the 6.5 or the 8.5 will work best. I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam sitting on a 2 piece CVO seat so that's a pretty low seat.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Great news Mike. Glad you’re happy with it so far. I gotta say I was surprised such a low profile shield could be that effective. Personally I have to thank SteadyEddie for his review.
Thanks Kenny!
Mike U.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts