Road Glide banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
I'm liking the sounds of that. Now for the more details part. What seat, how tall are you and your inseam length? I think I want one for my '12 but not sure if the 6.5 or the 8.5 will work best. I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam sitting on a 2 piece CVO seat so that's a pretty low seat.
Mike I have the Saddlemen Seat just like Steady Eddie has it’s very comfortable.
I’m 5’10” with a 32” inseam.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'm liking the sounds of that. Now for the more details part. What seat, how tall are you and your inseam length? I think I want one for my '12 but not sure if the 6.5 or the 8.5 will work best. I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam sitting on a 2 piece CVO seat so that's a pretty low seat.
You and I are built similar. I think you can get away with the 6.5 as well. My Corbin Solo sits low as well. I can’t speak on the passengers protection though. I know your Wife rides with you.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
You and I are built similar. I think you can get away with the 6.5 as well. My Corbin Solo sits low as well. I can’t speak on the passengers protection though. I know your Wife rides with you.
Good point. Deb doesn't ride on that back of this one as much as the '15 but I wouldn't hear the end of it if She got beat up by the wind real bad.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just got back from a ride and the 6.5 Memphis Shield works real good.
The dirty wind hits right above my helmet the wind in the face is clean
Mike U.
Sure like the look of your new screen. I take from your comments there is no buffeting but what about wind noise? What helmet do you use (open face, full face or modular)?

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Sure like the look of your new screen. I take from your comments there is no buffeting but what about wind noise? What helmet do you use (open face, full face or modular)?
Thanks Brother!
The wind noise is minimal, not as low as The Madstad but not unbearable either.
I use an Akoury Skid Lid and Ear Peace earplugs and can still hear my Audio System.
Also, I can smoke a cigar without it blowing out or all over the place.
Hope this info helps.
Mike U.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts