Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I installed a 6.5' Memphis shade windshield on my 2015 Road Glide - it is perfect for high speed and look. Smart choice in term of value also.
I have a few friends who have them and like them as well. By the way your bike looks killer. Love the front end mod.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I just finished the bike and enjoyed the first rides. I like the way the fat wheel complete the bike look. The windshield is perfect for me, I used open helmet and no buffering at all, even over 100 mph. I am 6.2 tall and no issue, very happy with both look and functionality.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys. the link is below and second picture on site is the black 6'5 version that I ordered to match the fat tire kit from Nattive Custom.

http://www.memphisshades.com/harley-shades/bagger-shields/fltr-spoiler-windshields-15-later

One of my friend has the Klockwerks sport flare, also nice option ( bit more expensive), I guess is better match for sportier look. But I saw no other pictures of Memphis Shades, I though that worth sharing it..

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Thank you guys. the link is below and second picture on site is the black 6'5 version that I ordered to match the fat tire kit from Nattive Custom.

Memphis Shades FLTR Spoiler Windshield for 2015 and Up HD Road Glide | Road Glide Windshield

One of my friend has the Klockwerks sport flare, also nice option ( bit more expensive), I guess is better match for sportier look. But I saw no other pictures of Memphis Shades, I though that worth sharing it..
Brilliant - Cashed in some "Zilla Dollars" and that link has the pic (which I attached below) of the 6.5 in Solid Black like I ordered.....on the same color bike as mine so it was a great way to check - Thx for the tip man - Exactly what I was looking for

Attachments

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
I like the look, think I will pull the trigger....:)
The 6.5 in Solid Black is awesome - I am 5'11 with a Stock Seat and at 85 mph, I get a lil wind atop the noggin and thats it - I am guessing if I went the 8.5, it would be like a total enclosure

Pic of in my Garage Profile

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ditto on the "good lookin bike" comments. Love the front end treatment you did. And that color combo is unique and bitchin! I have the KW Sportflare. Still get ton of buffeting...I think I need to try this screen out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Measurement

Thanks, I just finished the bike and enjoyed the first rides. I like the way the fat wheel complete the bike look. The windshield is perfect for me, I used open helmet and no buffering at all, even over 100 mph. I am 6.2 tall and no issue, very happy with both look and functionality.
Amarom, could you or steady Eddie give me a measurement from the top of the vent to the top of the shield? That is the shield I want but am unsure of height. 6.5 or 8.5. Thanks for the help. Keith

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amarom, could you or steady Eddie give me a measurement from the top of the vent to the top of the shield? That is the shield I want but am unsure of height. 6.5 or 8.5. Thanks for the help. Keith
I measured inside the fairing, is like 2.8 above center vents. I measured also a Klockwerks Sport Flare(last picture on grey colour bike), is almost 3' above, but both windshield have different upper. For RG, I like more the Memphis shape. If you want to be safe, go 8,5. See pictured attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I measured inside the fairing, is like 2.8 above center vents. I measured also a Klockwerks Sport Flare(last picture on grey colour bike), is almost 3' above, but both windshield have different upper. For RG, I like more the Memphis shape. If you want to be safe, go 8,5. See pictured attached.
Thanks. Just the measurement I needed. Keith

·
Registered
15 Posts
probably the nicest road glide i have ever seen! i have ordered a 6.5 black Memphis based on your input for my 09 CVO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts