Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after riding with a Klock Werks flare for the last year i decided to try a Memphis Shade. Both are good quality shields providing good wind protection but i did find that the Memphis shield had a lot less buffering than the Klock Werks at 80mph. The one thing i did like about the Klock Werks was that the design put a lot more down force on the front end than the Memphis making it feel like the front end was more planted. But being able to ride at 80 mph and not have a lot of head buffering really makes a big difference. I want to shout out to the Ornery one it was his you-tube video that help me make the decision.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have the 15” KW Pro Tour. What style and size did you have and switch to? I’m 6’5 and just wondering what other windshields compare to mine

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went from the 9" Klock werks to the 6.5" Memphis, but keep in mind the 6.5 is actually a bit taller than the 9"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could y’all post a few pics of your bikes with the spoilers? I was debating on either the KW or Memphis Shade and I’m leaning more towards the 6.5” MS. I’m 6’1ish with a 34 inseam, and putting a mustang super touring solo seat. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Memphis Shade 6.5" and I really like it. I demo'd a Mustang super tourer and it set me up higher than stock and I noticed a good bit more buffeting and wind in the face than I get with the stock seat. I'm also 6-1". If I was to go with the Mustang seat, I 'd get the 8.5" MS, but I'm going to get a seat that sits lower or stock height and keep the 6.5".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have the 6.5 Memphis Shades that I use in the summer. It is really very effective in controlling wind, but still lets you know your on a motorcycle.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts