Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with the 8.5” MS Black Smoke. I’m 6’1” and stock shield had wind hitting me right at chin level. Now wind is Just slightly above my head. No problem seeing over shield, very happy and would recommend. Stock shield is darker in tint FYI and yes can hear stereo better now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm the same height on a Harley Hammock seat. I have 4 windshields and inevitably put the stock shield back on every time because its the best looking shield and well it works. The only complaint is wind noise which i defeat with ear plugs and a good helmet but there is no buffeting at all. I wear a FF helmet so i like wind to the face that keeps me cool. I do get more bug splatter but its a price i pay for clean air on the face shield.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys,I’m 6’5 1/2 stock screen is ok with no helmet, going to try my ff one tomorrow. To jump the gun I bought a Memphis shades. 6.5 in dark smoke and put it on,looks great but I really don’t see that much of a difference. I took it for a ride with my ff today and it was ok at best I went up to about 90 and I could feel my head moving a bit from the buffeting. I wouldn’t want to do a days ride like that the helmet would be in the woods. Lol and to top it off how the air comes over the shield goes directly in the top vent of my helmet. The air feels good but makes a strange noise in the helmet. I did order a 8.5, hope it does the trick. I want to keep it looking sporty and not put to big of a screen on it hopefully.

·
Registered
56 Posts
6'4" on a '19 RGS and just ditched the stock shield for 8.5 Memphis Shades just like OP. Looks great and makes a huge difference. Saw lots of internet info on the 6.5 and the 10.5 but nothing on the 8.5. I was afraid the 6.5 would not be much of an improvement over stock and the 10.5 looks like overkill. I did measurement with a long level from my nose to over the fairing and 9" rise was about right so I went with the 8.5. I was also considering Klockwerks 14.5 sport (9" rise) but I like the smoother look of the Memphis Shades and it was $80 cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts