Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test rode a 2017 Road Glide Special recently and the wind buffeting was pretty bad. I know a windshield will get rid of this, but I want to install only the height needed to get rid of the buffeting. I am 6' 1" tall (34" inseam) and was curious if any of you who are similar in height have experience with the Memphis Shades Spoiler in 8.5"?

If so, what are your thoughts? Also, if you have any pictures you could share of your Road Glide with this windshield installed that would be great!

I love the looks of this shield and it has a very defined top lip, much like the Windvest I had on my Street Glide, which was very effective for diverting wind on a lower rofile shield.

By the way, my last bike was a 2011 Street Gide and the 8" Windvest was perfect for me. Just not sure what will be needed on the Road Glide.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm 6' and have a 6.5" memphis shades now. Works great. I have the CVO seat so that sits me low thus the 6.5. Totally satisfied.

Reactions: Nitrocrushr

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! How much lower is the CVO seat?

Steve
I have the same seat and it sits you down an inch and back an inch - I am 5'11 with a '34 inseam and the Memphis Shade 6.5 is spot on for me - I have had it on (3) RGs now and would not ride with anything else

·
Registered
79 Posts
Memphis Shades Spoiler 8.5"

Here I am 5,9 with CVO seat and 6,5 dark black Memphis and I see over it but it is protective. Before I had a 10” windshield with same protection.
Over 130 km/h I must have the high fessure open to avoid a bit of buffeting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received and installed a Memphis Shade 8.5 Ghost Tint on my 2018 Road glide Special. I am six feet tall and have the stock seat on the bike. Its perfect for me. I can see over it with no problem. It keeps most of the wind off for a nice smoother ride. I can hear the radio and the stock exhaust at highway speeds. Best thing is the Ghost Tint. I thought it would be strange looking and unusable. The 8.5 is about three inches higher than stock "my estimate". But because its clear on top when cresting hills I can see through the top of the windshield. My view is never blocked. I ordered the 10.0 first to tall. I used Revzilla and was able to return and only pay the return shipping no restocking. So its not to expensive to try a few sizes to you get the right fit.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I just received and installed a Memphis Shade 8.5 Ghost Tint on my 2018 Road glide Special. I am six feet tall and have the stock seat on the bike. Its perfect for me. I can see over it with no problem. It keeps most of the wind off for a nice smoother ride. I can hear the radio and the stock exhaust at highway speeds. Best thing is the Ghost Tint. I thought it would be strange looking and unusable. The 8.5 is about three inches higher than stock "my estimate". But because its clear on top when cresting hills I can see through the top of the windshield. My view is never blocked. I ordered the 10.0 first to tall. I used Revzilla and was able to return and only pay the return shipping no restocking. So its not to expensive to try a few sizes to you get the right fit.
Would you have a pic on the bike and if possible a measurement from the top of vent to the top of windshield?

I’m considering the same windshield and I’m about 6’1 and a bit these days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Eddie
Any pics of your bike and shield
I’m looking at ordering one and I’m about the same height as you and have a CVO

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just ordered one of these, but the distributor indicates it it back ordered until 10/19.....only a few days away now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts