Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try these yet? I tried a search but nothing came up. Need to replace the 888's soon, really liked them but these new ones sound even better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok , so I went ahead and got a set of Cruise Tecs and thanks to a busy work schedule hadn't had a chance to put many miles on them. Bike is usually ridden pretty aggressively w/out tour pac. did about 600 miles of short rides around here (CT & MA) and really like the way these tires handle. Last weekend took a ride to VA then through the hills of WV and the panhandle of MD with tour pack loaded, so not as aggressive and still very pleased. did hit rain a few times and had no issues. Smooth ride on the highway, touched 100 a couple of times but usually run 80. Actually looking forward to riding in the rain not so loaded down to see how good they really are. on a side note I use RideOn sealant /balancer and have never had a problem with vibration.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Ok , so I went ahead and got a set of Cruise Tecs and thanks to a busy work schedule hadn't had a chance to put many miles on them. Bike is usually ridden pretty aggressively w/out tour pac. did about 600 miles of short rides around here (CT & MA) and really like the way these tires handle. Last weekend took a ride to VA then through the hills of WV and the panhandle of MD with tour pack loaded, so not as aggressive and still very pleased. did hit rain a few times and had no issues. Smooth ride on the highway, touched 100 a couple of times but usually run 80. Actually looking forward to riding in the rain not so loaded down to see how good they really are. on a side note I use RideOn sealant /balancer and have never had a problem with vibration.
can't speak of those tires because I use an American elite on the front and a car tire on the rear but i've had great success with the ride-on sealer/balancer. where are you located in CT?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can't speak of those tires because I use an American elite on the front and a car tire on the rear but i've had great success with the ride-on sealer/balancer. where are you located in CT?
I'm in East Haddam (the good side of the river). Was tempted to go to the darkside just haven't investigated it enough.
't

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have looked at these tires as well, but so far I am really liking my Avons. How are these Cruistecs on the tar snakes?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have looked at these tires as well, but so far I am really liking my Avons. How are these Cruistecs on the tar snakes?
No issues at all with tar snakes, cracks in road or striping. I have the pressures at 45 psi cold on the rear and 42 front. only a hint of low speed wobble with tour pack loaded, none without tp

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I'm in East Haddam (the good side of the river). Was tempted to go to the darkside just haven't investigated it enough.
't
No issues at all with tar snakes, cracks in road or striping. I have the pressures at 45 psi cold on the rear and 42 front. only a hint of low speed wobble with tour pack loaded, none without tp
it took me 2 years of investigating the darkside thing but im glad I did. I haven't had any issues at all. I will say that even with my American elite on the front that I get a lil wobble only when I have the tour pack on too so I would necessarily blame the tire you're using. let me know if the car tire is something you do want to research, ill meet you somewhere so you can check it out on the bike

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it took me 2 years of investigating the darkside thing but im glad I did. I haven't had any issues at all. I will say that even with my American elite on the front that I get a lil wobble only when I have the tour pack on too so I would necessarily blame the tire you're using. let me know if the car tire is something you do want to research, ill meet you somewhere so you can check it out on the bike
I would definitely like to check out your setup and get a little advice. Always good to meet another local forum member too.
Sunday is looking good, you gonna be riding? First beer is on me.:D

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I would definitely like to check out your setup and get a little advice. Always good to meet another local forum member too.
Sunday is looking good, you gonna be riding? First beer is on me.:D
I'm always up for a ride. Sunday would be fine with me. Let's keep an eye on the weather. You know how new England weather can be

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm always up for a ride. Sunday would be fine with me. Let's keep an eye on the weather. You know how new England weather can be
ok. I'll check with you later in the week

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'd like to know what kind of mileage you end up getting out of these. They are a pretty nice looking tire. They are coming stock on the new Indian Challenger, first place I saw them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to know what kind of mileage you end up getting out of these. They are a pretty nice looking tire. They are coming stock on the new Indian Challenger, first place I saw them.
only have 2200 on them so far so not really showing any wear but I'll post mileage as I go. Don't get to ride as much as some of you guys so might take a while. I really don't expect more then the normal 12 - 14000 out of the rear but we will see.

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
I’ve had Metzlers twice because the came with the custom wheels I had. I certainly hope the new tire is better than the 888, I didn’t get good mileage and wouldn’t brag about the handling. I’m really happy with Dunlop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts