Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if others have noticed this - or if it's just my two tires - but my Michelin Commanders seem to hold air pressure much better than my Dunlop OE tires did. I had to check & add air to my Dunlop's every couple of weeks. These Michelins hold air pressure much better. Only have to add just a touch of air every 2 - 3 months.

I probably just jinxed myself : )

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Don't know if others have noticed this - or if it's just my two tires - but my Michelin Commanders seem to hold air pressure much better than my Dunlop OE tires did. I had to check & add air to my Dunlop's every couple of weeks. These Michelins hold air pressure much better. Only have to add just a touch of air every 2 - 3 months.

I was thinking the same thing when I checkedthe air in my American Elite and Metzeler. Might have something to do with the more environmentally friendly air they're selling these days. :eek:

·
Registered
740 Posts
My new michelin rear seemed a little "greasy" up to about 200 miles. Bit of a pucker factor. I change air every fluid change. Upgrading to Nitrogen next time.
What is your oil of choice?

·
Registered
510 Posts

+1. I still check them but I always had to put air in the OEM Dunlops every week. My rear rim was replaced by MOCO because of corrosion causing the bead not to seal properly. When they changed the rim, I went to the Commander IIs front and rear.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To tell the truth I really didn't like them at all at first. I've got over 7k on front & back now and I'm very happy with them. They felt too hard or something to me at first but now I don't think I'd go back to the OE dunlop's. These just seem to ride very well to me & are so maintenance free. Curious about the American Elites by Dunlop, but I'll most likelybstick w the commander II's.

Ron

·
Registered
896 Posts
I put a hard 13,000 miles on my last set of Conmander II and went with them again. My only complaint is what JayRay said: they take a few miles to break in. For some reason they are a bit slick when new

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.