Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone, how many miles have you gotten out of a rear Commander II ? I have just over 14k miles or 22500km on the rear and still have about 3/32nds of tread in the center of the tire. I am going on a week long road trip do I have enough rubber left? The tire owes me nothing, it has had a good life and replacing it is no big deal before I leave. I was just wondering how far everyone has been on one.

Thanks in advance
Chuck

· Registered
1,136 Posts
If it were my bike I'd swap out for a new one, you got pretty good mileage out of that tire and if it owes you nothing I'd replace it. Seeing how you're going out on the road I'd want new tread in-case it rains or whatever unforeseen hazards may you encounter. Then again if I were staying close to home I'd wear that tire bald with the help of a few smokey burnouts! :cool:

· Registered
299 Posts
I just installed my first set of commander 2's today. My oem tires I got 15k with 3 mm in tread depth left. I also to going on a 1500 plus mile trip and wanted new tires for the road and not have to worry.

· Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,636 Posts
I got less than you, but I also probably have a larger rear tire; 200/55/17. Needed to replace it at 10,000. I would personally change the tire rather than wait. My front tire made it to 20,000 (120/70/21)...

· Registered
2,001 Posts
I got about 18k out of mine. I could have probably got another 2-3k out of them but was going on a long road trip so went ahead and changed them out. I have an Ultra though and it seems in most cases we get a little more mileage out of them then the Custom guys for whatever reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.