Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through pages and pages of tire threads. I have specific questions about this tire. Has anyone ran them? Comments about performance and longevity are appreciated. I can get them significantly cheaper than the American Elites or Commander II's. Like almost 2 for 1 pricing, but have only been able to find one actual review of someone who rode with them on a touring model (Road King). Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Whats the deal? Is it a new model just out on the market? Ok just looked them up and Im not so sure. I googled Scorcher 31 vs Commander II's and what im seeing is the CII's is the crowd favorite.

Ok i just looked both tires up on Amazon and the CII's are $25 cheaper in the 180/65r16

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get a set installed for $330 plus tax if I take the wheels in. $450 plus tax for the Commander II's. About $500 for the AEII. The research I found said the Scorchers are OEM for the sportsters and Dyna's, they just started making them for the touring last year. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. I figure they're Michelins so they can't be horrible, and if I don't like them then it will be a valuable lesson. They look like a good solid tire and the only first hand review I was able to find of someone riding them on a touring was positive.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I had the same dilemma not long ago. Going to get new tires and the Michelin website really wasn't helpful. Called and talked to them and they recommended Commander II's for two up touring, check the weight rating of each, I believe that's where I found the difference, that I couldn't find on the web page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts