Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone on here from Michigan? If so, where? Was thinking maybe we could all join up by states. Have shirts made. I dunno. Something crazy like that.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Checking in from Tecumseh, MI. About 30 min south of Ann Arbor. Work in Detroit, and ride the RGU to work everyday.
The shirt deal sounds cool!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in brownstown. My dad lives in Newport. He has an 04 shark. I have a 2010 RGC. maybe the shirts could be the secret society ones with the state or something small on them. Every state could do it. I think that would be cool.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll suggest it to the person that makes them. And just add the state to them. I think it would be cool for Shark Week 2012. If you know some folks on here maybe spread the word and get some feedback. Maybe we get enough Michigan guys, we can have a Michigan shark weekend. Centrally located to start, then have like a west, east, north and south groups to host it every 4 th year. I dunno. Just crazy thoughts that run through my head.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Grand Rapids here. Sounds good to me. I usually ride alone and take a lot o trips to the Crystal Lake / Franfort area.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. Nice to meet you. I'm hoping we can get more people from Michigan on here and all meet up before summer is over. So far there is 4 of us. Any one know of any one else from the mitten?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Anyone ever done the ride around the great lakes trip? Been giving it some thought lately.

d.
In July I rode the coast of Lake MI from Warren Dunes to Mackinaw City. It was a pretty nice ride, loved the Tunnel of Trees North of Petoskey. Then I rode across the big bridge and rode the lower coast of Superior from Sault ST Marie to Daulth MN. That was a very good ride. I love the Superior coast, especially the Pictured Rocks area and Copper Harbor area.

I was born and Raised in Battle Creek MI, but moved out of MI at 18 in 1981. I come back about every other year for a week or two though.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Downriver? just look North a little waise and you'll see the flares at the refinery and that where i'm at!
Love the smell of the refining process....

·
Registered
931 Posts
saw your bike yesterday, i'm over on the East side, ride everyday, main parking lot and thought I had the only Merlot Sunglo till I saw the one next to yours. DOHHH!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So where is the main lot? You saw mine at the victory parking lot? There are 2 other sharks that park there. An older one like my dads, vivid black and gray. And it looks like a root beer colored RGU.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well that makes 6. Mostly downriver guys. That's cool. Summers winding down. Furthest so far I think is grand rapids. We could set something up before riding season is over.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts