Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has a 2013 RG - Took out the Cats and drilled out the exhaust and put on a hi-flow.

Question is he bought the V&H fuelpak but I am curious if that is enough or if Micro EFI Tuner would be a better idea..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Friend of mine has a 2013 RG - Took out the Cats and drilled out the exhaust and put on a hi-flow.

Question is he bought the V&H fuelpak but I am curious if that is enough or if Micro EFI Tuner would be a better idea..

Thanks
ETA - Sorry Deadstroke but I DELETED MY POST. I'm honestly not positive about de-catting along with whether or not slip-ons were changed and don't want to mislead you. I'm pretty sure he's fine though, especially if he received a map from V&H that corresponds to what he's done.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Fuelpak is ok if you are running V&H pipes and are happy with what they give you.

The FM Micro EFI Tuner are way more tune-able. They will get you a map for pretty much any pipes. The Micro Tuner can also store up to three maps. So you can keep a stock one on board if needed. One big thing is the Micro Tuner can be dyno tuned and tweaked if you choose. Need something tweaked with the FP and you have to call V&H and hope for the best with the combination of numbers they send you.

Keep in mind both of these choices are if you plan on doing nothing more than a Stage 1. If you plan on or think you might do other upgrades from as simple as a cam swap on up you may want to look at other options.

·
Registered
614 Posts

Thanks
For about the same $ go Fuel Moto Micro Tuner hands down.

FM will give you outstanding customer support and double the warranty. The Micro Tuner can alter both the fuel and timing the Fuel pak only adds or removes fuel

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
For about the same $ go Fuel Moto Micro Tuner hands down.

FM will give you outstanding customer support and double the warranty. The Micro Tuner can alter both the fuel and timing the Fuel pak only adds or removes fuel
I will echo everything but I do need to correct one thing you said. The Micro Tuner does not allow any adjustments to the timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts