Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet/Greet has been cancelled. Well try for another time.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Sounds like a good tkme.! I also host a function and this year it'll be held at Natural Bridge, Va. This will be year 10 and several members here are planning on attending. Dates are July 17th thru 21st. Hope you can make it!! Check out teh Mid-Atlantic GLides sections for details....

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Every forum Ive been on in the past/present, I like to have a meet and greet. turnouts are usually quite well. My last truck forum, I hosted one 3 years in a row, an all weekend event, with great turnout. That being said, Id like to host one with my fellow Roadies (any bikes welcome though). I always host the events at my parents house. They have 3 acres, large 2 1/2 car seperate garage, pool, plenty of parking. We have tools, if anyone wanted to wrench on their machines, or we can just cook/drink/swim etc. I love grilling, so Im usually the host/cook, but always ends up with me not getting enough time to actually talk with everyone, but I enjoy the company. Right now I have 2 different dates that Im possibly looking at, and need to know who, how many, and what dates work best. It will be BYOB/drinks. I will have some sodas/water, but cant supply everyone with beer. Theres a beer/liquor store 1 mile away if needed. I can supply the burgers/dogs, and hopefully everything else, unless its a big turnout, then I'll need some help.

Heres the 2 dates. Please respond with what dates work for you ( please pick only 1). The one that works best for more people will be the date.

June 22nd

July 13th
Location???

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
TTT. Glad a few others saw this, although it hasn't seen any action. I'm still down for a meet up. I'm free basically every weekend besides the 24th. Lets plan some.

If we set something up I will ask that everyone brings something to pitch in. Chips, dip, cookies etc. I will supply burgers/dogs only.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Just saw this myself. I could ride my bicycle to this one. If you set a date let me know. If I'm in town I'll be there

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if you can handle the distance... Pretty far ride for you lol. I'd like formally set something up but I think I'll have to send out PMs to get more people's attention. I'm now busy every Saturday this month so it would have to be the second weekend of sept or later for me.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Beginning to mid September would work for me. The last part of September & most all of October I'll be gone for work.

For what it's worth, when I have the shin-digs at my house, I just collect funds (donations) in advance to pay for the food (the chips-snacks-dogs-etc...) everyone pitch in $20.00 or so adds up quick & makes it a lot easier for those traveling on scoots.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
BTW- what are the accommodations up your way? And are you talking a 1 day meet & greet, overnight , what's the plan? I host a spring event to get the bikes ready for the season that usually lasts several days to week for some and fortunately I and had a neighbor offer up a cottage for us to use this past year.......Just need to be looking at the budget for this adventure to make sure Moma doesn't want to sever the jewels..........

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking a 1 day thing but I used to host weekend truck meet/mod weekends so either way I'm ok with. As far as overnight stays, closest hotel is about 15-20mim away just on the outskirts of the city if Frederick. There's a budget motel 5 miles away but honestly it looks like hell and over never heard if its decent or not. Reminds me if a hooker/crack hotel lol. Hullhor may know more about it. As far as funds for food go, if everyone wants to pitch in money that's fine. Just pay when you arrive.

Does the weekend of sept 14th work? Again my parents have a pool, large 2 1/2 car garage with tons of tools, compressor etc. I have a floor jack bike lift if needed. Plenty of parking for bikes. The neighbor also works/builds bikes so I'm sure they'll join in too. I'm doing this from my phone right now, if people could send out PMs to assist in getting the word out that would be greatly appreciated. I definitely will post links to hotels this evening when I get home. Family and wife's/GFs/friends etc welcome also. My parents have a black lab, shes the friendliest thing you ever met.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd have my GF invite her friends, but she stays away from them. She's 23 I'm 26. Their all drama around here hah. The beer/liquor store is 1 mile away so we won't have any issues that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spoke with my parents. If anyone wants to bring a tent your more then welcome to do that. They have 2acres, fire pit we can stoke up also. Temps should perfect for it. Let me know who wants to go that route.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that the same weekend as bike week in OC? If I'm available I'll come but I'm usually pretty busy the first few weeks of September.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes it is. We were supposed to go but canceled to save some money. Just returned from FL so were done traveling hah.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts