Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they work they came with my ultra so I don't know

Absolutely. I put them on My Road King prior to this bike

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I'm on the fence about them. Didn't have them on my 08 Street Glide. But that had a real dyno tune and ran cool. Had them on the RGU and that pig was hot. Even after the tune. My new RGS hasn't made me feel the need yet. 85 here today. So it's just got. If I do the company that does the circuit selling painted inner fairings has the heat guards color matched.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If i had to sit in stop and go i may consider those. With about 1 mile of small town America city riding on a 10 mile commute i don't have heat issues. IF i had to drive in big city traffic i would definitely consider them. My style of riding is open road where heat so far hasn't been an issue for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good, that was one of the first things I put on my new 16 RGS because some say the 103 runs hot. I really don't know if that's true, my old bike a 08 electra glide classic in hot weather and in the city it got a little hot on the thighs and I didn't have those on it. Now the new bike I have zero heat issues even in stop and go when it was 100 a couple weeks ago. To me the 103 runs way cooler than the 96.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
They all work, some better then others. My brother had Harley plastic ones on his old RGU and ended up adding Captain-itch's leather heat deflector, not the nicest looking but works well. The best you can get is RJ's, looks great & made right here in US.
Got them on my bike , the bend on my 2-1 comes out pretty far so this solved any heat issue

www.rjsoriginals.com

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just added the HD ones, after a year without.

I think they work. Outstanding, no. Help with heat yes.

Glad I didn't get a used set, as the hardware that comes with the new ones are essential. Considering the work to get clips off the frame, I'm guessing a used set would not come with them.

Worth the $60.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A must have

These work very well. Went for a ride this weekend 105 deg. And no heat discomfort, I can really tell how well they work when I put my legs on the highway pegs and feel the heat and then place my feet back on the floor boards and no heat. Oh yes they work, and work great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the crotch cooler from Captain Itch. I have had it for 7 years and used it on the 4 bikes I have had since then. Still looks great and does the job.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had read some where to only install the right side deflector as both side air just circles behind the motor and never really moves to cool... makes sense to me, I removed the left side the weekend and will be trying it with just the right deflector installed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Glad I didn't get a used set, as the hardware that comes with the new ones are essential. Considering the work to get clips off the frame, I'm guessing a used set would not come with them.

Worth the $60.
You can buy the clips at your hardware/Auto store $0.60 ea. Standard Automotive U Type Speed Nuts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts