Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like windshields are one of those topics that can be really subjective but I wanted to get your opinions anyway.

First of all I am 5' 8" with a 30" inseam, I currently run a 8" Windvest windshield and it works ok. I do get some buffeting from time to time. The reason I am looking to make a change is mostly due to looks. Since I put my new bars and engine guard on the windvest seems too rounded on top, looking from more of a wedge shape on the top edge of the windshield, make sense?

So I am looking for something a little more cool looking but give decent protection too. Of course as many of you have stated it becomes hard to accomplish both. One compromises the other.

So I am narrowing down to a few options, the 12" KW, 14" cee baileys, and 9.25" V Stream. What do you all think of these? Which would you chose and why?

Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If your referring to the Cee Bailey Super step I had the 15in dark smoked one before I switched out. It worked okay a little to tall even with a touring saddle. Since we're about the same height and inseam a 13in might be better for you. There will still be a lot of wind noise off the sides of the windshield at highway speed.So have a good set of speakers and an amplifier.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I am around the same height and measurements as you and I run the Windvest 14" and I see over the top just fine. I did run a Klockwerks 12" for awhile and even though it looked cool the protection sucked. The Klockwerks is in my pile of misfit windshields now.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm 5-10 and always looking for another WS to add to the pile. Running a 12" HD Windspitter now. KW just introduced a 14" WS. Haven't seen one on a bike yet, but something to think about. Lots of folks here like the Madstad. Good luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am a little taller at 5' 10" and have the 12" KW and am now running the 13" Cee Bailey. I like the Cee Bailey better, I still look over it and get NO buffeting at all. I can ride without special riding glasses too. The 12" KW is great for wind in the face that is clean air, absolutely no buffeting with that either.
Scoop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts