Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in meeting up in the St Louis area, thinking either the week before SW8 or after. Labor Day weekend might be good also?

Anyways, I’d be open to plan whatever. I live outside of St. Louis, in beautiful wine country and some damn good riding. Plenty of hotels close, plus 5 H-D dealers within hour and half of me, including forum favorite Surdyke.

Also, the Lake community I live in has a campground and we can rent it out. I think it’s $14 bucks a night or something (Has showers, etc) plus of y’all need laundry done or whatever my house is open. We also have a beach and a small place to order food. Plus lots of local wineries and the two biggest biker bars in the area are about 15 minutes from me.

It’s something to think about, I can find out what events the local dealers have going on and I’m sure my buddies at Doc’s H-D would be willing to make sure they have something going if we get something set up.

Thought?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
We'll be passing through on the way to and from SW this year. I had hoped to make it to Columbia on Sat night just to get past STL. We used to come to St Charles every Labor Day weekend for a truck meet but that fizzled out after 9 years so I'm a little familiar with that area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like fun.. if i can get away for a couple days. The wife and kids like to keep me busy. But i'm in if it all works out

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I like working holidays. Big money and, at least around here, the holiday traffic is horrible. I don’t have any intentions of traveling on any holiday weekend. But since I’m a Northwest guy you Midwester’s do whatever floats your boats. 😁

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I don't work (holiday or otherwise) but traveling on holidays is not something I try to do, not saying I don't.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good input. Holidays are out.

I was thinking if I set something up the weekend / Monday after SW that’ll give riders an opportunity to stop on the way home if they live on east coast through St. Louis, and if anyone from the west coast might decide to ride on east from SW, it’ll be another good ride and stop here before turning and burning back west. It gives west coasters two options of routes too, south through Texas and north through Wyoming.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something in the Midwest sounds like a brilliant idea! Make sure we ride the good roads, that's my only request.
Don’t worry.. we won’t be in Illinois lol j/k

If you want to look up some of the riding around where I live, look at highway 94 by Augusta and surrounding areas. Highway 47. Highway 100. Old highway 94.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts