Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to possibly have to sell my 2011 FLTRU because I am going to be fighting serious illness for the third time and quite frankly might need the money to keep things going for a bit longer. Cancer is a nasty @#$%&. Anyway she is Merlot 6K miles Vance and Hines True Duals with Slash Cut pipes and Commander V. Only other thing done is lights converted to LED lights. I know some try to extract every dollar when selling, but here is my question, for this bike never down and always garaged what would be a price that would be fair to buyer, and not giving the bike away. Not in condition or interested in haggling. It will hurt to let her go but fighting the first two times was financially draining, without enough time between two and now three to replenish finances. If posting this here is inappropriate I apologize and Mod can delete. Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sucks big time. Hope all goes well and you beat it. Bike prices are very subjective. Big range between quick sale price and don't have to sell price. Only a good deal if both seller and buyer are happy. Do some research in your area and see what bikes are selling for. Selling not what people are asking. Put up some pictures maybe someone here can get it sold for you. Keep us posted on your health. Lots of support on this forum.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Sorry to hear what you are going through. Good luck and I hope you pull through a third time.

I think a good no haggle price would be between $17k & $18k.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
sorry to hear, continue your valiant fight until you are well again.
The bike has very low mileage , I'd say you might get 17k.
I wish you well sir.
By the way I've contributed to a few gofundme causes, have you and you and your family ever thought of starting a fund? I'm sure a lot of people including members from the forum would contribute. Nobody wants to see anyone having to give up their bike for any reason. Riding is therapy
gofundme.com

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Keep up the fight and kick cancers ass!
I would check out Kelly Blue Book for the value of the bike and then set the price on how fast you want to sell the bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I am going to sit tight for as long as I can. There is a retailer who consigns bikes for 10 percent and says he can get close to retail if not retail as he can get folks financed. He would deal with buyer and just grab his percentage. For my situation it might be best way to go. If I sell wife says when I get through this get my strength back and back to work we will get new Shark CVO. That is quite a motivator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts