Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went 260mi today, 2 up, 70-80mph about 40% of the way.... found the fuel gauge to be very very accurate

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went 260mi today, 2 up, 70-80mph about 40% of the way.... found the fuel gauge to be very very accurate
\

and hit 8300, 8400 and 8500 mi along the way

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd say that was some good mileage. I just came back from a 600 mile weekend. Checked my mileage every tank. It ran from 42 to as good as 48MPG in the twisties. I was very happy and my gas guage is also accurate. When my gas light comes on it takes about 5 gallons to fill. That leaves me 1 gallon for reserve as the book says.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd say that was some good mileage. I just came back from a 600 mile weekend. Checked my mileage every tank. It ran from 42 to as good as 48MPG in the twisties. I was very happy and my gas guage is also accurate. When my gas light comes on it takes about 5 gallons to fill. That leaves me 1 gallon for reserve as the book says.
Does that 1 gallon reserve truly amount to 1 fluid gallon of gas? I ask because some of the airspace is taken up by the fuel pump and other internal components. I always wondered that.

-Tim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does that 1 gallon reserve truly amount to 1 fluid gallon of gas? I ask because some of the airspace is taken up by the fuel pump and other internal components. I always wondered that.

-Tim
I dont wanna call it a reserve, BUT i have put 6.13 gallons in before, so I can speak for 1 road glide that holds at least 6

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine will hold just a tad over 6 too. I've pushed it before and gotten down to where the remaining says Lo. I was sweating it. I was right at 278.

·
878 Posts
Rolled dead stick into the pump yesterday...was actually trying to see where it died at. I'm sure it wasn't good for my pump, but wanted to know...and I have this warranty see...

Put 6.28 in it using a large graduated cylinder...it was a bet...and I won...ok? Had to hold the bike up off the jiffy to get it all in there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts