Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a fairly new to me 08 RG with SE air cleaner, V&H basic slipons, and V&H fuelpak with recommended settings.

Just got back from Sturgis and this was the first time I have run the bike long and hard. When running under 80MPH (3000 RPM) I got comparable mileage (40-42 MPG as the rest of the group. When we ran more in the 80-88 MPH range (above 3000RPM) my mileage fell off drastically to the 30-32 MPG while every one else remained in the 37-40MPG range. This was painfully evident as I was bingo on fuel 40-50 miles before ewveryone else.

Bike seemed to run fine. Any idea of what could be happening here

·
Registered
48 Posts
got a fairly new to me 08 RG with SE air cleaner, V&H basic slipons, and V&H fuelpak with recommended settings.

Just got back from Sturgis and this was the first time I have run the bike long and hard. When running under 80MPH (3000 RPM) I got comparable mileage (40-42 MPG as the rest of the group. When we ran more in the 80-88 MPH range (above 3000RPM) my mileage fell off drastically to the 30-32 MPG while every one else remained in the 37-40MPG range. This was painfully evident as I was bingo on fuel 40-50 miles before ewveryone else.

Bike seemed to run fine. Any idea of what could be happening here
My 08 is the same as are most of the guys I ride with once speed cracks 75+ mileage goes way down. Seems especially evident with pipes and better air cleaners as opposed to stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My Sturgis run was about 3300 miles total and I checked most of my fill ups for mileage. My '08 was in the 44-48 mpg range but I ran very little over 75 mph. I'm running V&H slip-ons, a fuelpak, & AN big sucker air cleaner.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Running 70 mph on the interstate I get about 48~50 mpg depending on the wind with the 110.

Running 80 mph on the interstate I get 44~46 mpg depending on the wind.

Above 80mph it falls off hard, at 90 I am under well under 40, more like 36 mpg.

It's a 110 with no cat, vance and hines hi out put ovals, a hi flow intake and a good tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts