Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hester has a few small scratches (mainly from the Alaskapade) that don't warrant a real paint job. Is there a touch up product readily available? I'm envisioning a fingernail paint jar/brush type solution. Am I under thinking the complexity?

Any insight appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Shrug, I have used Testors model paint on a few diggers. They have a very small foam brush also that I used to apply it. Fairly inexpensive just depends on how bad they are honestly.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
See if Dr. Colorchip. It is what I use on cars that I detail. Fills chips very well, sometimes it takes a couple of applications. Very simple process and for me, works and looks way better than any brush application I have tried.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've tried Color Rite and it never matches. Stick to the dealer or find a paint shop that can scan you current paint and mix a small batch up for touching up.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Get the touch up paint, and clear from a HD dealer. Go to an art store and get a few small camel hair brushes. The brush that comes with the paint is like using a broom. Buy a pair of super powerful reading glasses, so you can get in close. Take your time, and DO NOT color outside the lines. Keep the paint inside of the scratch. If the scratch isn't through the color, just use the Harley clear to level out the scratch.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've tried Color Rite and it never matches. Stick to the dealer or find a paint shop that can scan you current paint and mix a small batch up for touching up.
That wasn't the case for me. TripleJ recommended it and it worked out for the small spots I needed it. I had two hard knocks on my gauge bezel that are almost invisible after applying the Color Rite. Ultimately, I'll do a real paint job, but for now I'm only spending on routine upkeep and saving every penny for two future trips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts