Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place to buy color matched Mirage Orange Pearl painted parts? It seems nobody offers this color anymore. The guy that painted my inner fairing for me wound up screwing me over on a few other things and I recently found out he's out of business. I'm looking to buy extended bags and side covers and possibly a chopped tour pak. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
Does anyone know of a place to buy color matched Mirage Orange Pearl painted parts? It seems nobody offers this color anymore. The guy that painted my inner fairing for me wound up screwing me over on a few other things and I recently found out he's out of business. I'm looking to buy extended bags and side covers and possibly a chopped tour pak. Thanks in Advance
Rob, try "The Factory Match".
They don't have '09 Mirage Orange listed but you can contact them at (605)999-6402, (605)498-0153 or [email protected].
Another choice would be to purchase the parts you want and have them drop shipped to Mike's Hawg Paint.
Mike (Roadhawg) is a Member of Our Great Forum and has an excellent reputation when it comes to Harley Paint.
You can contact Mike at (530)651-3114 or [email protected] to make arrangements with him.
Here's a link from Our Forum on his Mirage Orange Paint Job.
https://www.roadglide.org/61-companies-we-can-recommended/33348-mikes-hawg-paint.html
I have used both, Mike's Hawg Paint and The Factory Match, and You can't go wrong with either.
Best of Luck Bro!
Let Us know how You make out.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
When I had my fenders painted, the PPG Computer only listed it under 2007. It was available in 2007, 2008 and 2009 on the Road Glide. The match was really good. But then, I had a good painter.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I don't recall who else on this forum uses the guy, but the dude that painted @SteadyEddie 's front fender did a tremendously solid job on it. Maybe ask Eddie for some input on the company.
Xtreme Dimensions. Guy name Joe Zottlemeyer. He did some extended bags on my '11 CVO I had with the marbleing in the stripe. Great work. Not cheap but you wouldn't be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I don't recall who else on this forum uses the guy, but the dude that painted @SteadyEddie 's front fender did a tremendously solid job on it. Maybe ask Eddie for some input on the company.
Xtreme Dimensions. Guy name Joe Zottlemeyer. He did some extended bags on my '11 CVO I had with the marbleing in the stripe. Great work. Not cheap but you wouldn't be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
^^^^^^^^ that's the one^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
Joe Z in New Jersey has a great reputation and I'm sure he can do a terrific job in color matching.
I don't know from personal knowledge just what I have read and heard.
I know that good old Steady Eddie was very pleased with the outcome of his KW Slicer Front Fender.
Here's Joe Z's info if interested.
Address: 1319 N Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012
Phone: (856) 740-5020
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have an 09 in mirage orange pearl. i bought the paint from harley as i was in the same boat as you and MOP is a tri-coat. didn't want it to come out wrong on a color match as i was doing speaker lids, tank dash, headlight bezel, fairing support, and windshield (basically newly painted pieces that will sit right next to original paint) . MoCo only sells in quarts and it ain't cheap. still got a F*** ton of it left. thinking about repainting the whole bike now.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have an 09 in mirage orange pearl. i bought the paint from harley as i was in the same boat as you and MOP is a tri-coat. didn't want it to come out wrong on a color match as i was doing speaker lids, tank dash, headlight bezel, fairing support, and windshield (basically newly painted pieces that will sit right next to original paint) . MoCo only sells in quarts and it ain't cheap. still got a F*** ton of it left. thinking about repainting the whole bike now.
yeah I had some stuff painted several years ago and my guy matched it pretty good. I brought him my inner fairing and speaker lids a few years ago to do the same thing but this time it was barely acceptable on the match. I believe he's out of business which is fine because I don't want to use him again anyway. I definitely want to do extended bags and a chopped tour pack but I'm contemplating redoing the entire bike and change up the black stripe a little. I want to keep the bike orange but I'm also considering using a different orange altogether. maybe use a House of Kolor paint. and by the way these are all thoughts for when the bike is down for the winter

·
Registered
93 Posts
yeah I had some stuff painted several years ago and my guy matched it pretty good. I brought him my inner fairing and speaker lids a few years ago to do the same thing but this time it was barely acceptable on the match. I believe he's out of business which is fine because I don't want to use him again anyway. I definitely want to do extended bags and a chopped tour pack but I'm contemplating redoing the entire bike and change up the black stripe a little. I want to keep the bike orange but I'm also considering using a different orange altogether. maybe use a House of Kolor paint. and by the way these are all thoughts for when the bike is down for the winter
funny you should say that about the black stripe. i waffle back and forth about keeping or eliminating it. all my boards, pegs, grips, latches, etc are in a flame theme. i keep thinking about keeping the orange (i really do love the mirage orange pearl) and doing either ghost flames or just a solid black flame much like the stripe. who knows... definitely a way back burner project after the fat front tire and extended side covers. painter says i have enough paint left to do a bike and a half, at least.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
funny you should say that about the black stripe. i waffle back and forth about keeping or eliminating it. all my boards, pegs, grips, latches, etc are in a flame theme. i keep thinking about keeping the orange (i really do love the mirage orange pearl) and doing either ghost flames or just a solid black flame much like the stripe. who knows... definitely a way back burner project after the fat front tire and extended side covers. painter says i have enough paint left to do a bike and a half, at least.
this is definitely a back burner for me too lol. the fat front tire is also in my thoughts. I love the mirage orange pearl and want to keep it but I do want to freshen it up a little. what did the paint run you if you don't mind me asking? if you don't want to publicly announce it feel free to pm thanks. also keep me posted on your decision with the black stripe. the black flame thing sounds cool. thanks Rob

·
Registered
238 Posts
As an aside, we don't have it in large quantity, but I came across a bottle of touchup in that flavor here today. Let me know if you need it and I'll get you the price info.

Edit: Correction, it's the Mirage Orange Topcoat

·
Registered
93 Posts
this is definitely a back burner for me too lol. the fat front tire is also in my thoughts. I love the mirage orange pearl and want to keep it but I do want to freshen it up a little. what did the paint run you if you don't mind me asking? if you don't want to publicly announce it feel free to pm thanks. also keep me posted on your decision with the black stripe. the black flame thing sounds cool. thanks Rob
If i remember the invoice correctly, i think it was about $300. he had to get it from the dealership. he gave me his invoice and the dealership receipt. i think i read on here where someone said, "pay once, cry once". it was a hit, but i wanted it to be right the first time.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If i remember the invoice correctly, i think it was about $300. he had to get it from the dealership. he gave me his invoice and the dealership receipt. i think i read on here where someone said, "pay once, cry once". it was a hit, but i wanted it to be right the first time.
I know its a 3 stage paint and I don't think that's too bad of a price if it included all three stages of paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts