Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this isn't a huge deal but I'm hoping you guys might have recommendations on different mirrors that might work with this setup.

I still have the stock mirrors. However, with a Klock Werks 14" Sport Flare windscreen and HD Chizeled Lo handlebars, the stem piece of the mirrors (between the bars and mirror) touches the windscreen when that front wheel is turned almost to the max. I know these should never touch when riding, but there's a chance that occasionally when parked, they'll bump the windscreen.

I truly don't think it'll be much of a problem unless buddies turn the bars to max while checking out the bike or if I just don't pay attention on occasion when I park it. There's just enough contact to flex the windscreen 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. Over time something will get damaged.

So anyway. Since I like the look of the handlebars and windscreen, I am first looking for suggestions on new mirrors (these are stock). I think if I can find something that is angled immediately coming out of the bars, then they will likely avoid the windscreen.

Also, mirrors that hang off the end or underneath my bars, are not an option.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You can try to adjust the stem back further or twist the controls to change the angle of the stem. This would change the angle of the clutch lever and brake lever. You may like it better or hate it. But it is worth a try. You may have to remove a pin. You may try moving the bars back a inch too. Just some thoughts of things to try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm using these:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Teardrop-Racing-Mirrors-Harley-Street/dp/B01MV6I3U6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1547924202&sr=8-4&keywords=harley+mirrors+black[/ame]

I had the Harley version of these mirrors on my old Street Glide, but they were satin black like the OE mirrors. And just like the OE mirrors will, they faded and looked like CRAP! The ones I linked were 1/4 of the price, look just as good, and if anything happens I can get 3 more sets before I hit what I paid for the HD ones.

One of my better Amazon buys.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Before you spend money on another set of mirrors, try rolling your switch housings just a bit or try bringing your bars back just a fuzz. You can gain a lot of clearance by just bumping your bars back.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I have that windshield. But my bars are 12" Factory 47s with Kuryakyn Teardrop mirrors. Probably not a good comparison. Thats about full lock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you spend money on another set of mirrors, try rolling your switch housings just a bit or try bringing your bars back just a fuzz. You can gain a lot of clearance by just bumping your bars back.
I haven't spent money on mirrors yet. These are stock. I'll see if I can twist the stems a little to put the mirrors closer to the grips. I have the bars as far back as they'll go without popping the pin. I'm not concerned about popping the pin but I am pretty comfortable with their current position. I'll probably be more inclined to buy some new mirrors before I move the bars any more. The other option is to see about trading the Sport Flare windscreen for a touring windscreen...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts