Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a set of mirrors for my 2013 road glide. I can only see my shoulders, yes I am a wide body. I have the H.D. mirrors I think they are called split vision and all i can see is me. Any one have any input on something I can try?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I had the same problem and didn't want to add extensions so I bought these
Kuryakyn 1412 Magnum Plus Long Stem Large Flat Mirrors off ebay. Love them plenty wide enough and I like flat mirrors that don't distort the image.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the split vision as well.
Just a word of advice... they look "cool," but don't expand your field of vision like you'd think.
My opinion is that the convex lens should be on the inside, not on the outside.
Your opinion may vary.

Beavz

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Keep the mirrors and replace the bars.
This. All I could see with the stock mirrors on the stock bars were my shoulders. Installed a set of Santees 11in apes, kept the stock mirrors and problem solved. (plus quite a few other problems! lol)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I replaced my stock mirrors with these from Kuryakyn. They are the Scythe mirrors. They come in black or chrome versions. Excellent rear view visibility. I have had these mounted on top of the controls as pictured and also under the controls, with good visibility. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've got the split vision as well.
Just a word of advice... they look "cool," but don't expand your field of vision like you'd think.
My opinion is that the convex lens should be on the inside, not on the outside.
Your opinion may vary.

Beavz
I'm with you. The HD split vision mirror's convex portion isn't very convex at all and doesn't expand your vision by much, if any. Looking in mine it appears I have the same field of view in both a large and a small format. But I found 2" convex stickons at a Target store. Stuck them on the HD smaller convex portion of the split vision mirrors yesterday. Cold and wet yesterday so I didn't get to ride and try them but I think they will do the job--assuming they stay stuck on.

Louisville Joe

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replys. I knew i wasn't the only wide body around here and someone else had to have the same issue. Come on Santa, hook me up!!!!!:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you still have the stock bars and will change them out, hold off until you do this. I got the extensions, then changed bars, problem solved.

I'm glad to also see I was not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Change your bars not the mirrors. Most all HD mirrors have the same stem height/length but they have different style stems, the mirror extensions only come in a basic round and even though they work well with the stock mirror style stems the extensions look like crap on a custom style mirror stem such as the split vision mirror. I had the same problem and I went to the Heritage style handlebars from HD ($80) and I got very good vision with the mirrors now and another plus is that the bars give you more comfort and style.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is what I did on my '12 RGU .
The stems are about 1&1/4" longer, I still see me, BUT not nearly as much

91846-03b mirror long right chrome $39.95
91848-03b mirror long left chrome $39.95

they look exactly like the originals , just a longer stem which puts the reflecty part farther out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts