Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RGU. Midnight blue/silver. “MARLIN”
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the head pipe and muffler on the right side not looking straight? The tail of the head pipe kind of goes up and the muffler, even though it’s straight, looks like it’s going down. I chocked it up to an optical illusion but then a coworker noticed it and it’s bugging me. Damn you, OCD! LOL

·
Registered
2019 RGU. Midnight blue/silver. “MARLIN”
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There’s nothing I can really do to adjust it. The pipe is connected straight and the mount under the saddlebag can’t move. I could probably adjust the header bolts but it’s mounted to the frame by the floorboard. I guess I need to try to ignore it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Take a dremel to your rear mount under the saddlebag. You should be able to trim down the tabs that sit against the muffler bolt mount (thus raising your muffler). You can find all kinds of adjustment in that rear mount. I have done similar mods to that rear mount to align mufflers with stretched bags.

Reactions: azgrumbles

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have not noticed many people laying on the ground behind my bike looking at that alignment...
........but maybe people do in your neck of the woods???? Tell your co worker to go align the mufflers on his bmw for the 23rd time....😈

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
If there are no exhaust leaks coming from the pipe or muffler leave it alone and go enjoy The Ride.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
873 Posts
The pictures do look like it is angled. It is not something that would bother me and like Mike U says if there is no leaks then don't lose sleep over it. But if you do lose sleep over it then I will find that funny 🤣 (y)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could it be just the heat shield on the CAT being the issue? Maybe try to remove the rear hose clamp and turn it to pull in the the other direction. If the screw is facing up, flip it so its facing down. Think about when you tighten that clamp it pulls towards the screw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts