Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well like it or not I'm going to give you the run down on my new 2015 Ultra Limited. Don't want to hear about batwings you say? Don't read my review!

I've now got over 1000 miles on this sled now, still bone stock mechanically.

The Engine. What can I say? Pulls like a go*da%n freight train. The new cam profile, intake and higher compression is an entirely different animal than the previous 103. No need to downshift in a passing situation any longer. Valvetrain is quiet, like spooky quite, like dare I say Honda quite? So far the compensator has not made itself known but the miles are still low so we shall see. Lastly, this engine runs quite a bit cooler. So much so that my wife commented the other night "she liked on the old bike how she could wrap her legs around me and draw some heat in when she was feeling chilly"

Wind management is night and day from the previous version batwing. I'm currently running a 10 inch windsplitter and experience zero, none, nada buffeting. Completely calm bubble of air in front of my face. Biggest difference to my 12 custom with lowers is the amount of air on my thighs, thermals will be required once the weather turns cold. From the passenger seat my wife indicated no significant difference as far as wind was concerned.

Comfort, admittedly this took a bit getting used to. I swapped out the stock ultra seat for a tallboy seat. at 6'3" there was no way I was leaving the dealership on the stocker. The view from the saddle is obviously completely different than the shark. Initially the fairing felt in my face but with the change of seats, highway pegs and just plain "finding my seat" the cockpit is quite spacious. The bike is smooth as butta down the super slab and well composed over the bumpy back roads which leads me to....

Suspension The 49 mm fork stanchions up front transform this beast into a straight up canyon carver, haha not really but honestly is really impressive. The 13" air shocks in the rear are adequate but can be improved upon but no big surprises there.

Fit and finish is top notch. This is where Harley has really stepped up their game as far as I'm concerned. Very little if any orange peel in the paint. Chrome is mirror perfect and everything looks like it was designed to fit together. Even the way that the wires are bundled and ran is neat and logical. I am immensely impressed in the strides that the Moco has taken in this department.

Twin cooling works as described and I admit I poopooed it as a gimmick to appease the epa. Now it may still be just that, I admit it, I'm gonna drink the Kool-Aid on this. The motor makes consistent power and physically runs cooler even with the stock tune and cat.

Infotainment is killer. Stereo has decent enough sound for your average consumer and all the gadgets and whatnots work as advertise so I won't bore you with what you already know. I initially had a couple of glitches but after a software update she has been right on

In conclusion, Do I miss my shark? a resounding hell yes and if I could keep em both I would have. But as far as regrets on this machine, not a single one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Glad you're happy with your new ride. Thanks for the review and enjoy it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow ok, you actually got a deal outta them ? Like I stated in an earlier thread, I had emailed them twice on prices on bikes, got back the standard reply, someone from our sales staff will be contacting you shortly, well that was the 2nd of June, never heard a word from them, if you got a deal, good for you, me, I won't buy jack from them, service dept screwed me twice, so, so long. Bought a new CVO from Woodstock, couldn't be happier. And my old bike was from Kutters. flhman

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow ok, you actually got a deal outta them ? Like I stated in an earlier thread, I had emailed them twice on prices on bikes, got back the standard reply, someone from our sales staff will be contacting you shortly, well that was the 2nd of June, never heard a word from them, if you got a deal, good for you, me, I won't buy jack from them, service dept screwed me twice, so, so long. Bought a new CVO from Woodstock, couldn't be happier. And my old bike was from Kutters. flhman

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
They have always treated me right in the past. So I figured I'd give em a shot. Got better than fair on my trade plus a hell of a deal on the 15. Probably didn't hurt being this close to the 16 starting to show up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.