Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is getting to be my 'normal' it appears .

I was in , then out , then back in again and ready to go ..

Spousal Unit , whom I do not blame entirely for me missing , has just in the past month or so , started riding again after not being able to for a couple years . She is wanting to make up for lost time , and leading up to SW departure had put in several 400+ mile days with no complaints ..

Even though I tried to explain that we were doing three 300 +/- days over , she could only see 900 each way ..

She told me I could go with 100edition , but gimme the guilt trip in the same sentence , and we haven't been able to go anywhere the last few years because of paying off crazy medical deductibles from two surgeries for her and two for me ..

So we did the old standby , the Smokies , left Saturday , got in about midnite last nite or this morning however ya wanna call it ..

We met a bunch a sharks Saturday , on I-75 headed south , certain some were probably headed to SW ...

Still cant get her to pack light , but we had a blast , hope yawl did and hope Bill didn't mess it up to bad ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Really wish you could have made it Jack. I will have to say that I had high expectations for SW and it surpassed them all. Never have I been with so many people and had a blast with all of them. Truly no strangers. Just one amazing family. GaryR and I are headed out in the morning to Horny Toad to meet and say thanks to PCPAIN then back roads all the way to Alexandria LA for the night. Be home Saturday around noon. Lots of stories to tell.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Another great Shark Week sorry ya missed it Jack, I've been hoping to meet ya one of these days. Bill wasn't much of a problem at all considering what it could have been. Most everyone got wet, in varying degree's Tuesday(cept me but there's more to that story). Wednesday looked to be a washout but the rain held off till Wednesday night and we didn't see any till about 7pm.....it was actually sunny a lot of the day. Thursday was pretty good, cloudy part of the day, sunny the rest. They said we were on the dry side of the storm, San Antonio about 65 miles away conversely was on the wet side and a couple days got the sh*t kicked out of them :eek:

Anyway a great time was had by all....see ya in Canada! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts