Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post here last night from someone giving away a pair of low mile dunlops in the Tampa area. I replied to it last night, but now its gone. Did it get deleted?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think Sal Minella one of the members who lives close to the seller said he was taking them, sorry but I cant find his handle.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I don't know where it went , I'm the one that posted them , when I checked my mail I had 4 takers , most just pm'd me , I looked at the times each had replied and gave them to the first reply to be fair , I came back on my post and stated they were gone but now the post is gone too , sorry

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know where it went , I'm the one that posted them , when I checked my mail I had 4 takers , most just pm'd me , I looked at the times each had replied and gave them to the first reply to be fair , I came back on my post and stated they were gone but now the post is gone too , sorry
Well that definitely stinks, I was the first one to reply to the post that I'd take them.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
when I checked my email I had received a private message at 6:30 , you replied to my post at 8:02 and then I had another private message at 8:03 , the last guy only wanted the rear tire , to be fair I went to the 6:30 email first as I thought taking them in order was the only fair way , just because they did not reply on the post does not mean they didn't contact me , sorry

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I delete an add anytime the original starter of the thread says the item is sold, given away, or whatever. He posted they were gone, so I deleted the thread. This is done to conserve space on the forums and something we have been doing for a long while now. If something is sold, no need to keep a thread on the forums.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I delete an add anytime the original starter of the thread says the item is sold, given away, or whatever. He posted they were gone, so I deleted the thread. This is done to conserve space on the forums and something we have been doing for a long while now. If something is sold, no need to keep a thread on the forums.
I understand deleting when sold. I was confused because standard forum etiquette for classifieds is usually you reply to the thread so others can see "who's in line" if more than one person is interested. Since I was the first to reply, I assumed I was first in line. That's why I didn't understand why the thread was gone and I hadn't been contacted by the seller.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Chainsaw I know in most cases that would be correct but when I got ripped off by chefcory Paypal wanted a copy of the ad and I did not have it to send them. So maybe keep the ad on for a few weeks.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Chainsaw I know in most cases that would be correct but when I got ripped off by chefcory Paypal wanted a copy of the ad and I did not have it to send them. So maybe keep the ad on for a few weeks.
If thats the case, just let me or one of the other admins know. I only "soft" delete them so on our screen we can still see them, and as far as I have seen I'm the only one patrolling the classifieds and deleting "sold" items. If a problem arises or there are questions we can reopen them and restore them back.

If you need that thread for paypal, let me know and I can go back and find it, and reopen it so you can get the info. This is the first Im hearing of it, so I appologize if it has hurt you not being able to get a settlement out of it. I'll do everything I can to help you out.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I understand deleting when sold. I was confused because standard forum etiquette for classifieds is usually you reply to the thread so others can see "who's in line" if more than one person is interested. Since I was the first to reply, I assumed I was first in line. That's why I didn't understand why the thread was gone and I hadn't been contacted by the seller.
I totally agree man, and Im with you that in general people should reply to the thread before pming. Even a "Sent you a pm" is cool in my book. However not everyone does it like that, and would rather send a pm then let the entire forum know they are working on the deal. At least you got your answer :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
OK . I'm the one who screw the pooch on the "deal". The ad said local and contact him. I live in Mississippi and asked if he would ship...deal done.

Should I have posted I wanted them...OK. yes.
But once he said they were gone... they were gone, don't matter where they went.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
You a very bad man Redfish. A very bad man!!! Just kidding!!!!:).

I agree, gone is gone. I was going to see if he'd ship but, guess what, they were gone!!! LOL.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If thats the case, just let me or one of the other admins know. I only "soft" delete them so on our screen we can still see them, and as far as I have seen I'm the only one patrolling the classifieds and deleting "sold" items. If a problem arises or there are questions we can reopen them and restore them back.

If you need that thread for paypal, let me know and I can go back and find it, and reopen it so you can get the info. This is the first Im hearing of it, so I appologize if it has hurt you not being able to get a settlement out of it. I'll do everything I can to help you out.
He ended up not contesting it so pay pal ruled in my favor without it. thanks it is good to know they can be brought back to life if needed.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
He ended up not contesting it so pay pal ruled in my favor without it. thanks it is good to know they can be brought back to life if needed.
No problem.. hopefully no one will ever need to dig up an old post because they were ripped off, but just incase it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Weird--I posted here, but didn't take. Just realize guys that if something is sold
the post will eventually be deleted. You need to print it or do what ever you need to do to protect yourself. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts