Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
I figured you would have ridden in the Madison Christmas Parade last night, several of the ones you met at the no bike night last week rode in it....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm thinking about a short ride today. Anybody in for coffee? I'm buying! Maybe sometime after lunch? Any neutral point to meet at? Give me a call.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Well one of my sons friends came dragging a 55 belair up the driveway asking if I would help him get it running, it has been in storage for 20 years and last cranked 10 years ago.
It is the first car his dad had and he wants to get it running and cleaned up and park it in the driveway for his dad for christmas.. It is in good shape so were putting a new fuel pump on and drained all the fluids and squirted oil in the cylinders and kit in the carb. It spins over good so we will crank it tomorrow and then it will be on to the brakes.. fun fun.
Got to give the kid credit for taking this project on but it is kinda short notice to get done..

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trip to Meridian

Making a Trip to Meridian HD on Tuesday, if anyone wants to ride along. I have to leave by 8:30 to have the bike there by 10:00. Will probably be there until 3:00 or so. email me if you want to go:D

Bill

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
35 out this morning when I left for work but leather is great, sun was out so I just had to pull the cover off. The ride home tonight was great..
Leaving Saturday for Daytona, thinking hard about hauling the Glide down just to get some pictures to prove I was there.. Daytona Harley trip for my Christmas presentsssss.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ride it!!

Decent weather forecast in Central Florida for this weekend
Saturday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

If you want to ride in the Daytona area this weekend pm me and we can make some arrangements - I live approximately 60 miles west of Daytona Beach.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
John, we will at the Speedway Sunday setting up for the races, I might trailer it down and do some riding Monday evening and Tuesday evening. My son is racing Tuesday and Wensday. The wife and Mother in law are going to Disney on Sunday for the day so I will have to see what happens between now and then, Thnks for the invite..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ride it!!

Decent weather forecast in Central Florida for this weekend
Saturday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

If you want to ride in the Daytona area this weekend pm me and we can make some arrangements - I live approximately 60 miles west of Daytona Beach.
I grew up in Ocala, Mother and sister still live there. Most likely will be headed that way for Bikeweek in late Feb to meet with the family who usually spend at least one weekend at bikeweek each year. Brother in law has a River place about 20 miles from Ormand Beach.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pte359,

Is your son racing dirt or pavement? The races were on my "might attend" list since I'm burning up vacation this week and next. What number is your son's Kart, if I attend I'll look you up. If you decide to bring the bike keep me posted and we'll get a ride in and some luch or dinner.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I grew up in Ocala, Mother and sister still live there. Most likely will be headed that way for Bikeweek in late Feb to meet with the family who usually spend at least one weekend at bikeweek each year. Brother in law has a River place about 20 miles from Ormand Beach.
I have been in Ocala for 10 years and LOVE IT. Community is struggling with the economy (aren't they all) but in time it will recover (we pray). Next time you are planning a trip to the area let me know and we can meet.

Maybe we should start planning a "RoadGlide.org meet up" at Bikeweek this year? Wouldn't that be a site, 20+ road glides together going down main street :D

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
John, he is running the 2 cycle sprint. infield track between turn 3-4. we are the first class both days, and will be pitted by the Comet Kart Sales tent. Kart number 22.
I will pm you my cell number. monday is all day practice, racing Tuesday & Wensday

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Made it to Daytona, If your planning to come to bkie week the Ramada across from the speedway has a special on Sun, Mon , Tuesday for $200.00 for all three nights.
Mgr said the big crowds are here for the weekend but all the same things go on everyday. I have his number if anyone wants it..

1 - 20 of 347 Posts