Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a deck screw in my rear tire. Local Indy can put a Dunlop American Elite on for around $130 less than the dealers OEM tire. Front tire only has about 6000 miles on it. Both bias ply tires, only difference I can tell is the tread pattern. Anyone have experience with mixing tires like this.

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Back in 2014 on a trip to Sturgis had a similar thing happen, picked up a trailer clip outside of Great Falls. Had new Michelin Commander II front and back on at the time. Local dealer didn't have a Commander II in stock,no one in town did. They put on a stock HD Dunlop on the back and I kept the Michelin Commander II on the front. No problems in handling that I could tell. Ran that tire all that summer and into the fall then put on a new Michelin again next spring. I like matched set tires but there were no issues that I experienced with the mixed brand setup.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I'm running different brands and haven't noticed "any" difference. Will admit that I'm pushing 60 yrs. old and do not ride aggressively. I agree with HarleyJack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts