Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 RG Special. I just replaced my rear shocks with Legends Revo Coils. Love the difference, now I want to upgrade the front forks. Any recommendations on whether to stick with same brand or any reason I could not go with Ohlins? I want a balanced ride so not wanting to mix up something that does not work together.

Comments?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went with the Legends Axeo front end kit for my 2015 RGS. 100% better improvement from stock setup. I’m running 13” Pro-Action shocks in the rear

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I am running Progressives on the front and Super Shox on the rear. No issues at all with my mixing of manufacturers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just my opinion, if you are happy with the Legend in the rear then do the same in the front.

It's not like you will hurt anything by mixing brands but why not have a set tuned to work together. Legend will tell you where you need to have them setup for by weight and riding style instead of making adjustments to figure it out on a mix matched set.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A slight hijack; does anyone make an externally adjustable system for the front suspension?

·
Registered
174 Posts
adjustable

A slight hijack; does anyone make an externally adjustable system for the front suspension?
Yes, I do, a fully adjustable 25mm with R&T internals & a 30mm R&T, ask around and you will see many people with them. I have been doing the 30mm fully adjustable somewhere around 2008 or so but can not remember back that far. The same 30mm are just now available in the Ohlins inverted forks used at the track on race bikes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, I do, a fully adjustable 25mm with R&T internals & a 30mm R&T, ask around and you will see many people with them. I have been doing the 30mm fully adjustable somewhere around 2008 or so but can not remember back that far. The same 30mm are just now available in the Ohlins inverted forks used at the track on race bikes.
Do the forks retain an overall stock look?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If your looking seriously at the Ohlins front shocks, you might consider waiting a tab bit more. The rumor is they are going to be delivering a new front shock that will allow you to set rebound. If your at biketoberfest maybe the crew there has an update they can share or call someone like Smarty.

Nothing worse than buying and seeing an upgrade after the purchase.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
My Ohlins are fully adjustable, compression, and rebound... 1 leg is compression the other is rebound....

·
Registered
174 Posts
HTML:
Is any machine work required or is it "drop in"?
Ohlins FKC 101/102 is a straight drop in. That is a design Ohlins calls "Sport". That is a way different design than a R&T. No FKC 101/102 goes out of here without re-valving them. The FKC-101/102 utilizes your old top out spring.

The R&T is way different and costs 1/3rd more to produce. The R&T technology requires the check valve to be removed out of your fork tube. The cylinder is mounted to the slider as per OEM damper rod. The availability of stroke is up to 7". You can choose where you want to start & stop your stroke as per needs. With selecting a top out spring one can choose the length and value. You can: Use a longer stroke and use a longer top out spring to let your bike sit at OEM fork length but yet have a much longer rebound stroke but yet retain the same compression stroke. The rebound going into the hole is controlled by the much softer top out spring and a much longer stroke. Changing the brake lines is necessary due to the longer stroke (hidden). As with all Ohlins cartridges, the valve stack can be changed to suite the individual rider. The 30mm makes the road disappear.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts