Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Need some help or suggestions on how to get my DB reducers out of my slip on's. I have watched the videos on s&s site and youtube. Remove the 2 allen head screws on the inside of slip on and the reducers should just slide right out. Tried that and nothing moves not even a budge. I even tried removing the end caps but no movement on reducer. Wondering if there is something else I can do to remove them. Little to quite for me and want louder. Any useful help would be appreciated. Below is what s&s told me. I only have 250 miles on the bike and I had this problem when I tried to remove right out of the box lol.

"Once they have been ran the packing will adhere to the can making it more difficult to take apart, If you have all the bolt removed they will come out it will take some effort".

·
Registered
316 Posts
The reducers doesn't come in the mufflers, they come separate and you have to install them.

Are you sure the reducers are in ?

If they are in , when you look in the muffler you should see Silver.

I've taken mine out and reinstalled them with no issues at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reducers doesn't come in the mufflers, they come separate and you have to install them.

Are you sure the reducers are in ?

If they are in , when you look in the muffler you should see Silver.

I've taken mine out and reinstalled them with no issues at all.

That's what I thought at first when I tried to remove. I emailed s&s and dennis kirk where I bought and they all said they are in the slip on's. When looking into the slip on I can see the honey comb looking portion of the DB reducers inside the slip on. Nothing else was in the box when I took delivery. If DB reducers were not inside the slip on's would the 2 set screws still be installed from s&s? I am going to call and speak to a tech at dennis kirk and have them look at my order. I only emailed them before. Thank you for the insight.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, the screws were in my mufflers with no reducers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can see the baffles inside the muffler without the reducers in.

The reducers are all silver. If you look inside the muffler and don't see all silver, the reducers are not in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can see the baffles inside the muffler without the reducers in.

The reducers are all silver. If you look inside the muffler and don't see all silver, the reducers are not in.

RJ111,

Thanks for all the help. Yes if you could possibly take a picture of how your muffler looks with the DB reducer in and out that would help. I will try to get some pics tonight of mine and you can take a look for me. Again appreciate all the help, cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
What was the final solution? Were the DB reducers not included? I have the same set of slip ons coming my way now and was curious.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was the final solution? Were the DB reducers not included? I have the same set of slip ons coming my way now and was curious.
I am not sure I removed the allen head screws nothing came out or even budged so assuming mine did not come with the DB reducers lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts