Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few threads where guys mention problems some have had with the MM Injection system. what years RG are these problematic MM systems on? just curious from a buyers standpoint. this is the only glitch/problem i have heard so far with the RG. any other bugs on the RG over the years?

thanks.
Jon

·
Registered
146 Posts
MM was used until 2001, they are a real pia to trouble shoot. A lot of guys have been converting them to carbs, cost is around $600.00 worth it if you have pay someone to fix an MM bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. Sounds like I need to stay away from the 01 or older. Not that they are bad bikes but Fuel Injection is one thing im kinda looking forward too. Well that and the cruise, and the comfy seating, and the .... But hey if I can only get a 99 or something and have to put carbs on it i guess thats the way it goes. I appreciate the reply.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Big Mo, my 99 has the MM injection and have no issues at all, 47k miles and 95 in big cams, true duals, ect..I think it comes down to who is tuning it and wheather they really know how. The other option is if you get a bike with the MM setup iand you have a problem is Horsepower Inc, they have a direct bolt on plug n play unit to replace the MM unit this way you do not have a carb to fool with, they can be a pain also.
horsepowerinc.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know cause you can get a deal on some of these "older" RGs. If I can get a better deal on a 99 ill take it now no worries. As long as there is a fairly (we are talkin harleys here lol) cheap fix for it, im good to go. BTW nice RG man.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Well I did not mention the c word in my post, you forget were talking Harley here.
The plug n play comes with intake, injectors, wiring harness. It is all billett. $1200.00

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotta tell you Ive been riding this Yamaha Vmax for several years and there aint nothing cheap on it either. I got 500$ in carb rebuild plus a 300$ Morley jet kit so I got about 800$ just in carbs alone lol (not to mention the stage 7 jet kit i have layin in the garage) . I dont mind it as long as it makes a big improvement. I have a buddy thats a HD Mechanic so I can get advice on repairs from him, but for Road Glide specifics you guys are the goto people. Cant replace experience and there is a ton of it on this forum. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts