Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this installed last week. Very loud with great mid and highs but lacking bass. Boom HD had better. Not sure this was the way to go. Any ideas ??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Where are your crossovers set? How did you set the gains on the SD? What voltage is it set to? What are you HU settings as it relates to Bass/Treble. Lots of variables that you’re leaving out. What did you do to fit the MMats in the pods? Did you cut them? Are they resealed? Are you sure you’ve got the polarity correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish could give better answers. Local shop did the work. They added spacers for the rear tour pack two and flashes hd head unit. Wasnt aware till now they would have had to cut into fairing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My suggestion to you is that you ride that bike back to the shop that installed it and ask those questions then tell them it sounds like trash and have them fix it. It’s difficult to gauge what “no bass” sounds like to different people but those mmats should be able to punch you in the chest at riding speeds. Set expectations correctly. We are dealing with a 6.5” woofer, not a 12” sub. Sounds like there’s more to be had but if you paid a shop to put you on the road, it seems they’d be most interested in making sure their customer is satisfied.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The CVO Boom Audio had much more bass. I spoke with the installing company (this is their primary business) an they said they would open up the fairing and try some adjustments. Not sure what that means ?? I plan to have them explain why they didn't tell me they would have to cut into the speaker boxes to clear the magnets.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The CVO Boom Audio had much more bass. I spoke with the installing company (this is their primary business) an they said they would open up the fairing and try some adjustments. Not sure what that means ?? I plan to have them explain why they didn't tell me they would have to cut into the speaker boxes to clear the magnets.
Yeah they should have told you, but it is pretty standard for most aftermarket installs if heating the pod up doesn’t work! Now if they didn’t put any sound deadner To cover hole, then this is why it sounds bad. They have to cover that up for the pod to give correct volume for the speaker to perform.
Take a picture of the gains when you take it in!!!! Then post here!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Did they use line levelers, like biketronics?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys finally quit raining in Iowa. Calling store installer Monday and plan to take to them for tough questions and hopefully a solution for lack of bass. My ride is a 2015 CVO that is mint so wish me luck.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Good luck

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
ohd keep Us posted on how You make out and what the issues were with Your New Audio System.
Best of Luck Bro!
Mike U.

·
Administrator
12,555 Posts
You will never get the best sound out of the HD head unit. Besides flashing the unit and having an amp, do you have any kind of equalizer or processor?

·
Registered
9,037 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Again, I am curious what the shop used to convert the signals from the HD head unit speaker wires (high pass) to the amp RCA inputs (low pass).. either that or Maybe look at a Sony 7000 kit from fathead cycles? You mentioned flashes..I presume that is on a RG special to turn the rear speakers on?...what year is the bike?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts