Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bad dad MO FL 21" fender off of ebay. I am not very happy with the way it fits. It makes the wheel look smaller because it sticks out 3 inches in the front. Im bummed. I bought it from waneryd and they state that there is no returns.:(

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Yep. That's the way it works. I've got parts sitting here I bought off ebay and don't like. I don't expect a seller to 'let me try it on' when I commit to buy something. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quality

I would like to say that the quality of the part is very nice. I just bought all dirty bird concepts rear fender ,bags,and road king to road glide nacelle. The bad dad stuff will need a whole lot less prep. I would buy from bad dad again.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just bought a bad dad MO FL 21" fender off of ebay. I am not very happy with the way it fits. It makes the wheel look smaller because it sticks out 3 inches in the front. Im bummed. I bought it from waneryd and they state that there is no returns.:(
Slot/re drill the holes so you can sit it down and rotate it on the wheel. You can also trim the tips of it for the needed look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good thought

I am in need of another set of hands. I am going to have my wife hold on to it this evening"The fender" and move it around a little bit"again the fender" and see how much room I can move it. It looks to me like I would need to move it a couple of inches to get the look I need but we will see. Hope it works out. I am pretty picky when it comes to this stuff. I have dumped so much money into it converting it to a road glide and changing fenders and bags.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I am in need of another set of hands. I am going to have my wife hold on to it this evening"The fender" and move it around a little bit"again the fender" and see how much room I can move it. It looks to me like I would need to move it a couple of inches to get the look I need but we will see. Hope it works out. I am pretty picky when it comes to this stuff. I have dumped so much money into it converting it to a road glide and changing fenders and bags.
Your wife will never be able to hold it steady enough for you to get a good measurment. Get yourself a couple three foot long pieces of 5/16 fuel line at the local auto parts store and tape it just off the crown of the tire on both sides. This way it will set steady and allow you to step back and look at it.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Damn that sucks! Sic26 found out the same thing when he first started modding his RG. Then he discovered the yaffe. It's got that look that you want.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yes sir, been there....done that :eek:

You really can't lower the BadDad fender much, there is plenty of room on the mounting tabs but the tire will "bottom out" on the inside of the fender within 1/2" or so.

As close as I could possibly get the BadDad fender....drove me nuts!!!

The closest I could get the Yaffe fender.....much better!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice

Man that bike is nice! It looks much better with the yaffe fender. It just looks like the bad dad needs moved to the rear an inch and a half. Did you trim your bad dad at all. Mine seems to cover up a lot more of my wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts