Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What with spring finally showing up I'm sure there's lots of people doing service on their motorcycles, me included, that would like to save a few dollars if they can. I just found a pretty good deal at Auto Zone!
Mobil 1, synthetic, 20W50, V-Twin oil
If you order it on-line for in-store pick up, they'll give you a $2.00/qt discount.
At my local store it's normally $11.99/qt.

HSP

·
Registered
489 Posts
+1. I need to change the oil now anyway.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes and no

Do you use this for all three, or just engine? I have been using the HD SE in all three.
I've used it in my engine and primary but I haven't had to change my transmission oil yet. But when that comes due at 20K miles, I will. :D

HSP

Ps; thanks for all the positive replies and not turning this into yet another oil debate. That, we don't need.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just ordered mine for delivery.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ordered a case. Got the 20W50 V-Twin for $8.99 a quart, plus free shipping for spending more than $75. They had a promotion for a free $25 gift card if you spent more than $100, but the ultra fine print says it didn't include "sale" items, so no dice.

FWIW, I also got a couple K&N 171C oil filters for $10.99 each from eBay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
M1 @ Wallyworld

I just picked up a case at Wallyworld for under $60.
I don't use it in all three.
Mobil1 in crank; Redline in trans; Form+ in primary--works for me.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks for heads up. Ordered 12

PS - an explanation for the order online requirement is that AutoZone is paying you $2.00 x Quantity for your personal information. AZ can use it for their internal marketing, and sell the information, including that you own and maintain a v-twin. I have backup phone number and email for this, so I am not bugged. Nevertheless, big business still knows who I am and where I am; but, there is nowhere and noway to hide.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts