Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, all the MoCo bars say they won't work with heated grips. Local Dealer Chrome Consultant tells me they have a trick and it's a non issue. Anyone running MoCo heated grips on their 14" Factory 47 bars? Did you do the instal yourself?

·
Registered
815 Posts
So, all the MoCo bars say they won't work with heated grips. Local Dealer Chrome Consultant tells me they have a trick and it's a non issue. Anyone running MoCo heated grips on their 14" Factory 47 bars? Did you do the instal yourself?

I put a set of MoCo Slipstream heated grips on my Kliphangers. I ended up sending them to Jennifer at KlockWerks to run my wires (pre-Rushmore, a real PITA), so I had her install them. She ran the power lead inside the bars, they work great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I just installed some LA Choppers 16" apes on a '09 CVO and the owner wanted heated grips. The CVO came with them, but they worked half ass so I told him to pick up some new ones. He got some brand new model, Slipstream I think. The first 2 sets he got the left grip was defective right out of the box. The 3rd set was an older model and worked perfect. They make the grips so the power cables run external and the grip to grip connection is internal. If you go about it the right way it can all be internal. There are some good vids on YouTube showing the process. Good luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the dealer install the low Z handlebars on the bike with heated handgrips. They just had to bore out slightly the bars. Not a big deal and they work great in the late fall/early winter!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the dealer install the low Z handlebars on the bike with heated handgrips. They just had to bore out slightly the bars. Not a big deal and they work great in the late fall/early winter!
So what did they charge you? I was in getting my belated 1k service and some warranty work done. Asked the service department about cost and they said it would be a 9 hour job. Of course I see you went with the low bars. I was asking about 14" and you would've thought I'd ask if they could make my bike a gold wing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did my F47 12 inch bars with the Harley heated grips. Did my buddy's F47 14 inch bars on his street glide with heated grips. You just need to grind a small notch in the end of the grip so the wire can sneak by without getting pinched.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did my F47 12 inch bars with the Harley heated grips. Did my buddy's F47 14 inch bars on his street glide with heated grips. You just need to grind a small notch in the end of the grip so the wire can sneak by without getting pinched.
Were the grip wires long enough or did you have to splice them?

L

·
0 Posts
So what did they charge you? I was in getting my belated 1k service and some warranty work done. Asked the service department about cost and they said it would be a 9 hour job. Of course I see you went with the low bars. I was asking about 14" and you would've thought I'd ask if they could make my bike a gold wing.
9 hour job!!! What were they gonna do fly to los angeles for lunch , then fly back and install the lines? theres only two more cables that need to be sent through internally and then plugged in , this isnt rocket science!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
9 hour job!!! What were they gonna do fly to los angeles for lunch , then fly back and install the lines? theres only two more cables that need to be sent through internally and then plugged in , this isnt rocket science!
Pretty sure that is the, "we don't want to do the job" price. Gonna check another dealer and see if the chrome consultant has a different number.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I installed heated grips in a buddy's 16SGS with 12" Yaffees...... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!! first and LAST TIME!!!!

WEAR GLOVES!

·
Registered
144 Posts
6 hours labor which was the same as another dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
from what i can tell from online and watching a few vids the right grip is a no brainer. the left grip should have two wires that are internally fed and just slides onto the end of the bar. once the wire is through one plug goes to the right grip and the other just plugs in ( on our bikes should be under the speedo) what needs to be modified to do this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts