Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running these. Part #54000008; Premium Ride Hand Adjustable Rear Shocks from HD. Are these made by Showa? They have rebound and compression controls and a hand knob to adjust preload via hydraulic adjuster. $499.99 for a set. Im getting tired of waiting for progressive to release the new 944's. Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Ohlins at Sturgis but couldnt get the gun out of the holester. I have the progressive monotubes up front and it would be nice to have progressives on the rear as well. Maybe they'll be out by christmas and santa will bring a pair.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have the lowered version as well. Gone are the air shocks. These shocks are a little bit stiffer but definitely control the ride better. I got these as an interim solution before spending the coin for Ohlins.

Long story but I actually ended up with a second set of these in the 12" version. Was trying to pick up a used King from a friend and was going to use them on it but he decided to hang on to his ride. I was going to eBay them but haven't got around to it. They are available if you were interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was looking at the lowered version, thanks for the offer though. Do you have the Ohlins on your ride right now are you still interim?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
No, not yet. I am running the Harley Premium ride shocks. I just had an extra set that I was able to round up and thought that I was going to use. Another member saw this post and PMed me for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts