Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with 17 pist apes, since I had to tear the bike down so far i decided that was a good time for a stereo upgrade, got the stereo done and decided i needed my iphone tunes so iron aces hit the list. Got all that done and decided i should go ahead and plumb in a radar detector. Somehow the rear fascia mod hit the books and today i just ordered the cycle smiths boards front and rear (not sure how the last two fit into this mess). Also ordered a Bright ass Tail light(wife approved saftey mod) I've owned bikes my whole life and never have I owned one that had so many options for change. Luckily blackjack worked out last weekend and some of these are courtesy of the Hard Rock lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
If you get locked up, you'll have plenty of company, do we get to visit our RG's on the weekends?:D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
It is a sickness. No known cure.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Learn to love it! Were all in the same boat.:D

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I feel your pain. When deciding to get my wheels, but I couldn't do the front without doing the back. Then I figured I would need to lower the front...so might as well put the chrome lowers on while I was at it. Then I wanted a single sided rotor but didn't want to pay for the dual rotors just to swap them out later for the single and 6 piston caliper.

It's gonna save me in the long run on labor and wasted parts but dang this stuff adds up quick! :D

Ricky

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ok then, I have a problem.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the same illness. It started with the bike acting up and running rough a little less than a year ago. It was a simple fix (intake leak, a plug came off one of the throttle body fittings) and at the time I decided it was time to install the S&S 585 gear drive cams I had laying around. So the heads came off to install the higher lift valve springs, but the spring seats were not deep enough so I sent the heads out to have the seats cut deeper. The heads had already been done by Branch when we went big bore a few years ago. They made the chambers 82cc's, installed larger valves and decked them .030". Well I couldn't leave good enough alone so we took another .030" off and installed new valves. This led to the pistons not having enough valve clearance so we opened up the valve reliefs on the pistons and used .015" thicker head gaskets and installed new rings....still with me??? Good... While demonstrating the Legends air ride for a customer one of the shocks blew a seal and I had to wait for Legends to ship me replacements, the lifetime warranty came in great! Since the bike was down I decided to move the air compressor that the previous owner had installed under the fairing to under the battery box. So the fairing came off and since it was off I decided to install a real stereo. Four Biketronics Titan II speakers were installed (two in fairing and two in the new saddlebag lids) along with a Hogtunes tweeter pod, Sony DSXS-310BXT media receiver and a Biketronics 720 watt amp. Now, I was really feeling the pain this illness has caused so I decided to replace the gauges with racing-white Medallion units. I installed a power port inside the right glove box to keep my phone charging and out of the elements while I was in there. I got a prescription that consisted of PIAA driving lights which were installed on the crash bar and that seemed to help some. The engine oil fill port was starting to bother me because it was the only engine piece that was not chrome so that went to California along with some other bits and pieces to get chromed. Next up was the frenched LED taillight that shorted when the tire rubbed through the backing plate from running with the bike slammed. So i fitted a new light and had the fender/saddlebags/speaker lids/fender fills repainted. A new stage II big sucker intake was fitted with matching derby cover, timing cover and horn cover. To make a long story longer, I replaced the fork seals and lowered the front 1". The bike is now about 95% done with only the rear lights needing hooked up with a few deutsch connectors and re-installing the fairing. Then it is ready for engine break-in and some time on the dyno..............I think it might be too late to ask for help.....but I am begging , someone step in and help me!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Started with 17 pist apes, since I had to tear the bike down so far i decided that was a good time for a stereo upgrade, got the stereo done and decided i needed my iphone tunes so iron aces hit the list. Got all that done and decided i should go ahead and plumb in a radar detector. Somehow the rear fascia mod hit the books and today i just ordered the cycle smiths boards front and rear (not sure how the last two fit into this mess). Also ordered a Bright ass Tail light(wife approved saftey mod) I've owned bikes my whole life and never have I owned one that had so many options for change. Luckily blackjack worked out last weekend and some of these are courtesy of the Hard Rock lol.
you want stereo update for your bike.....cool...i know a site who are sale this type of things...in a really cheap rate..what is your budget..
led stripes

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
we need to have an intervention or meetings, kinda like AA meetings for mods
I am convinced that this would only make things worse...sort of like this forum...what the heck...lets give it a shot anyway...whos got the ice in their bag this week...

·
Registered
114 Posts
My wife is quickly regretting the RG purchase just from the amount I'm spending on mods. When we had it out last week my defense was "Well you're lucky I'm only doing these few things because I have and entire list of stuff getting done next!"

Probably not the best way to win that argument.

It's funny how my bar swap turned into a bar swap, stereo, windshield, seat upgrade... Haven't even installed all of that and I have a big stereo system planned for winter. Does it ever end? I'm seriously laying plans for another year or so of mods!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts